Chapter 39

"Who's up for dinner" my dad asks as the boys were still in the studio.

"Me!" I look up from my phone and raise my hand excitedly. "All this waiting has me starving".

"Maya all you've done is sit on the couch and play games on your phone" Joel replies taking his headphones off.

"My point exactly" 

We all made our way to the car; I sat in the passenger's seat while the rest of the boys sat at the back with my dad driving. We drove to a nearby Italian restaurant and entered. I was feeling a little anxious as I was still in my school uniform and I kept hiding myself behind Joel.

"Relax no one cares how you're dressed"

"Easy for you to say Mr. Calvin Klein model here" I reply back while still trying to stay hidden.

Once we sat down, I felt a little better because then I wasn't as visible to everyone as before. My back was also facing the rest of the restaurant so that was a bonus. Joel was seated next to me and Erick on my other side. Whereas, Chris, Richard and Zabdiel were seated across us and my dad just in between. Just then, a female waitress approaches our table with a bunch of menus and hands it to us all.

"Just let me know when you're ready to order" she smiles and walks away.

She seemed quiet young; almost the age of these boys. She was wearing a skirt with a cute little stylish apron as her work uniform. Her mid length black hair was curled and she had a tonne of makeup packed on her face. We all picked up our menus and began to look through; Joel and I were flipping through the same menu and were pointing at things we liked. 

"Yo, check out that hot waitress. I bet you I can try to get her number before you" Richard told Chris as he pointed at wherever she was. I turned around and just as I thought, it was the same waitress that gave us the menu.

"Guys, she's a human, not an object to make bets on" I rolled my eyes and continued back to my menu.

"Relax Maya it's not like we're harassing the girl" Chris replied.

I let out a sharp sigh and continue to flip through the pages now looking at drinks. They continued to point and whisper things amongst each other. Richard also said something to Joel but it was inaudible; he wasn't loud enough for me to hear. Joel smiles and nods his head. Don't you dare turn around Joel Pimentel De Leon. It was too late, I could already see Joel's body turning around.

"You're right" he smiles wide, almost about to bust out into a fit of giggles.

The boys then straightened themselves up; indicating that the girl was now approaching our table.

"Ready to order?" She asks with a pen and notepad in her hand.

My dad ordered first, then she moved on to Erick and I was next. As soon as I finished saying my order, she moved over to Joel.

"I'll have-"

"He'll have what I'm having thanks. My boyfriend and I always order the same thing. Right Joel?" I had cut him off and linked my arm with him as I looked at him with a reassuring fake smile. 

"Yeah, I guess" he looks at me confused.

"Alright, no worries" she continues to write down on her pad.

As soon as we finished giving our orders, she grabbed our menus and walked away. After that, everytime she would walk by our table, the boys would just look up and check her out every chance they got; that includes Joel.

Erick on the other hand had at least some self-control because of the innocent teenager that he still is. If Joel wants to play like that, fine; two can play the game. I shifted closer to Erick and began a conversation with him. I was completely ignoring Joel, not that he was even eager to talk to me. 

"So Erick, I see you bought yourself some new rings. Personally, this one's my favorite" I say to Erick lifting up his left hand.  

"Really?" He asks confused.

"Of course. Maybe next time you can come with me to pick a few rings. How does that sound? Just me and you" I was loud enough for Joel to hear the last part.

On the corner of my eye, I could see Joel starting to listen in on our conversation now as he turned his head to us. Even though I was just starting. The waitress came back with our food along with our drinks. I stood up and grabbed an extra straw for Erick. Joel has no idea what's coming next. I first took a sip of my lemon and ginger iced tea with a straw. 

"Oh my- this is so good Erick you have to try this

"Oh my- this is so good Erick you have to try this. Trust me you'll love it" I hand him the extra straw and we both take a sip from the same drink at the same time.

"Wow, that really is nice" he smiles, clearly enjoying my drink.

I face back to my plate of food and look at Joel who had his jaws clenched while looking down at his food. Oh so Mr. Jealous boyfriend here finally knows I exist. He still refused to talk to me. After we had eaten dinner, our dessert was coming but I excused myself telling everyone I'd be right back.

I stood up and went near the female toilets. I didn't know where to go so I just stood outside looking at the fancy expensive decorations that were placed on the shelves. Looking back at our table, I see Joel standing up and making his way towards me. I instantly turned my back towards him and continued to look at everything staring at it in awe. 

"Maya what is your problem" he asks as he stands in front of me.

"Don't worry about my problem" I blankly reply not making any eye contact.

"What? What does that even mean?" He asks confused.

"Did you remember to get her number before you leave?" I ask looking at him.

"Who are you talking about"

"Don't play dumb, I saw you checking out that hot waitress that served us. If you want to get into her pants so bad then why don't you just ask for her number" my voice was beginning to rise.

"So that's what this is about? You're jealous? You have nothing to worry about, I would never ever ask for her number even if she was the last person alive. Why should I care if I have you?"

"I'm just scared ok" I place my hands over my face trying not to cry.

"What's wrong Maya why are you crying" he pulls me towards him.

"Ever since I lost my virginity to you, I'm scared you would find someone else. If a girl does her first time, that means she trusts the guy. She trusts he will stay with her for the rest of his life. So, I don't know how I'm going to cope if you go ahead and find a new girl to have sex with" I managed to say as I took a deep breath.

"Maya that's nonsense. I don't only think about that ok. I'm with you for a reason and you should already know that after everything we have been through" He sighs and I was left with nothing to say. "Plus, I know you well enough that everytime you fake flirt with Erick, it means I've done something to trigger it" I look up at him and a smile forms on both our lips as I stop myself from laughing