Chapter 32

"Where to now?" Chris asks.

"I think I know where he might be. Start the car and I'll give you directions" I tell him.

He started the engine and drove to whichever direction I told him to. We had reached the local park and he had parked the car on the kerb side.

"Do you want me to come?" He asks.

"No it's alright. I'll be fine" I smile at him before getting out of the car and hopping away through the grass to see Joel sitting on a bench.
"You know Joel, if you don't want to be found, this would be the last place you should have come" I chuckle as he looks up from the ground.

"Why are you here Maya? You should be in bed" he looks up.

"I would rather be here" I reply. "Look, I only came here to explain because you haven't heard me out properly. Please believe me when I say that was a complete accident whatever happened with Erick. I've been telling him to stay away from me and I was about to tell you I was just waiting for the right time. Trust me Joel, I would never lie or cheat on you like that" I finish off.

"I don't know what to believe Maya you say that yet, you act like you would rather spend most of your time with him. The worst part is that I was ready to tell you... forget it. Doesn't matter anymore" he shakes his head.

"What is it?"

"I was ready to tell you that I was in love with you. I was ready to tell you that and you completely go ahead and destroy my confidence" I was left speechless and my body was filled with guilt and shame. "You know I think it's better we both take some time off and think about what we want"

"Joel no, don't say that" a lump formed in my throat.

"I'm sorry Maya but you left me with no choice"

"Why can't you understand it was a bloody accident!" I yell. I was now on the verge of tears.

"You and I can both use the time off" he says before getting up and walking away.

"Joel don't do this please!" I yell again as I watched him walk away. Tears were now streaming down my face and I was left there standing on my crutches.

Not even once did he look back. Joel kept on walking away and I stood there in silence with my heart now torn into a million pieces. When he was out of my sight, I made my way back to the car and I was having trouble holding back my sobs. Every inch of my body felt completely broken.

"What happened?" Chris asks as I open the door.

"Can we just go home?" I softly say not making any eye contact with him.

Without saying a word, he drove away back to my house where I was surprised to see the boys still there. They were now in the lounge when I opened the door. I just wanted to be alone and away from everyone; or maybe I just wanted to be with Joel again. But that clearly wasn't going to happen so I decided to go to my room again

"Maya, are you okay sweetie what happened? Why are you crying?" My mum asks as everyone's eyes were now on me.

"You know what thanks a lot Erick" I tell before making my way up the stairs slowly. Everyone was left in complete confusion and silence.

As soon as I entered my room; I threw my crutches to the side and dropped myself on my bed letting my tears run freely now. Sure I was hungry, but there was no way in the world that I was going back down there after my mini fit. I knew I was acting like a typical dramatic teenager right now but I didn't care. I have lost the boy I loved and now there's nothing I can do to fix it. To top it all off, my ankle began to throb as my pain grew. I couldn't take my pain tablets without eating something first so I left my pain as it was. I deserved it.

Joel's POV

I walked into my room locking the door and making my way towards my bed. I shoved my hands in the pockets of my jacket and felt a small hard box. I took it out and opened it revealing a diamond ring. The memories were now flooding back; I had bought this for Maya because I was sure that I was ready to tell her that I loved her. But now, I'm not so sure. My body filled with anger and my first instinct was to throw the box across the room with aggression in my veins as it smashed against the wall, falling to the ground with the ring dropping itself out of the box. I then walked over to my bed and laid down with my hands behind my head. I was blankly staring at the plain white ceiling not realising someone had been knocking at my door.

"Come in!" I yell.

"Are you going to have lunch with us?" My mum asks while poking her head in.

"Maybe later" I half smile.

I picked up my phone and see countless amount of missed calls and messages from Maya. I just stare at my screen for a few seconds before placing it back down while a sharp sigh escaped my lips. She's probably enjoying her company with Erick right now. At the moment, I was feeling nothing but a bunch of mixed emotions. Confusion, anger, sadness and regret. What if I'm overreacting? What if Maya really was telling the truth? Usually when I don't know how to control my feelings I write them down on paper and end up making a song or poem out of it. That is exactly what I did; I grabbed the closest pen and paper and began to write whatever I was feeling. I could hear the pen being dragged across the empty paper as my feelings were being transferred onto paper.

Rant: Ok guys this is literally the moment I have been waiting for so here it goes. You know what bothers me? When "fans" think it's ok to make Erick look like the bad guy in their stories. Every fanfic I've read he's always portrayed as a 'fuckboy' or 'the guy who flirts with every girl'. I'm probably being a big hypocrite right now but give the poor guy a break. He's only 16 years old let his teenage boy hormones run wild. If you guys were really his fans you wouldn't be putting him down in your stories. The only reason I linked him in my story to Maya was coz I wanted there to be a love triangle between the 3 of them. Not to make him look like a fuckboy. By all means, write about whatever you want but you guys really need to stop looking down upon him. Just coz he's the biggest flirt in the group doesn't mean he's a complete fuckboy. The boys themselves said it was either Chris or Erick who flirt a lot. Erick Brian Colón is a human being too. Leave the poor guy alone. This was a stupid rant but it really annoyed me for some reason when I see Erick as the fuckboy in every story.