Chapter 17

Maya's POV

I see Joel lift the blankets off his head when I had whispered his name. I tried getting out of Ericks grip trying not to wake him. Peeling his arm from my body I slowly stood up and walked over to Joel and sitting on the edge of his bed. He sat up and looked up at me. Even though it was dark I could just see his eyes on me.

"How do you feel?" I ask in a low tone

"Better"

Was I still mad at Joel? Yes. I had nothing else to say to him so I decided to go back to my room. Leaving Erick dead asleep and Joel still sitting up on his bed.

9:00 am

Today was the boys last day of tour in the US. They would then be heading off across to different countries and honestly, I wasn't sure if I was ready for that. I was up all night thinking and I had come to a decision that I would be heading back home to my mum. I missed her and I wasn't sure if I was emotionally ready to travel. 

It was complicated and I wanted to get out of this situation before it had gotten worse. I had already told my dad about my decision and he said he was ok with whatever made me happy and that he didn't want to force me to be on this tour. The boys were getting ready for their last show and as usual, I was backstage helping out and following my dads orders.

"What's wrong angel?" Laura runs her hand on my head as I was sitting down on the floor sorting out some papers.

I guess I must have looked completely out of it because when I snapped back to reality I had realized I was staring at the floor for what seemed like eternity and had stopped my task. I just look up at her and lightly smile shaking my head indicating that nothing was wrong.

"If you say so" she smiles then walks away.

The boys were still on stage and were about to finish up. I was planning to tell the boys about my decision after they had finished their show for today. Maybe my dad was right; what if I am just a distraction in Joel's life. He seems so happy living his dream and performing on stage. I'm proud of him. 

I guess the show had ended because that's when I heard the boys come down a hall. Trust me when you've been touring with CNCO you can tell the difference between normal people walking down the hallways and CNCO walking down hallways. I had finally finished filing out everything and stood up. I just wanted to get my announcement over and done with.

"Guys, can I have your attention please? I wont take much of your time" I say as the boys were sitting down talking. They all suddenly look up and become quiet.

"I just wanted to say was that I'm proud of you guys for all the hard work you guys put into your music everyday but...today was my last day. I'm heading back home tonight" I stood there in silence.

"Please tell us you're kidding" Chris says shocked.

"I wish I was" I reply.

"Oh" was all he said.

None of them knew what to say. This was the most awkward situation ever. Why did I put myself into this?

"Well, I guess its your life and your choice. We're going to miss not having you around" Richard stands up approaching me for a hug.

"You know what this means? Group hug!" Erick yells.

Oh Erick. He never fails to make me smile even in the most serious situations. I am going to miss them all. The boys, including Joel walk towards me and tackle me into a group hug. Although Joel didn't seem too thrilled about my announcement. He was speechless and somewhat I could see some guilt in his facial expression. 

"Can we talk?" He asks approaching me as the rest of the boys continue with their conversations.

Without saying a word, I nod my head and we both walk out into the dressing room. He locks the door closed as soon as both of us had entered.

"Why are you doing this?" He asks with pure sadness on his face.

"I can't keep getting hurt like this Joel. I thought this would be easy but it's not. My dad is right I'm just a distraction and you seem to be enjoying the typical celebrity life. Clubbing, girls and-" 

"Woah wait is this about the other night?" He cuts me off.

"Maya, you have to believe me when I say I didn't mean it. I was heavily intoxicated and I don't know what I was thinking. I should have known better I know. Please forgive me Maya I am so sorry. I am never ever making that mistake ever again."

I just look down on the ground not knowing what to say. I then felt his hands grab mine.

"Please" he whispers again.

"I can't. I'm sorry".

"Why not? It was an honest mistake" he says getting frustrated now.

"Because I'm starting to fall in love with you!" I yell looking back up and letting go of our hands.

"I can't just keep getting hurt over and over again alright" I then place my hands over my face 

"You can't go" he softly says.

"Why not huh?" I ask frustrated removing my hands from my face.

"Because I'm starting to fall in love with you too" he whispers still refusing to make eye contact.

What he said made my heart beat faster. I lifted his chin up so he was facing me and without hesitation I smashed my lips against his. He kissed back and by now, I had forgotten everything. I wanted him and only him. I needed him. The kiss then turned into a heated make out and he had now pushed me against the dressing table without breaking our lips apart.

"Jump" he whispers while lifting up my thighs so I was now sitting on the table while Joel was still standing.

I felt his lips travel from my jawline to my neck and I threw my head back in pleasure while I felt him sucking on my sweet spot.

"Oh- my god" I moan.

I then tangled my fingers into his beautiful curls that I was obsessed with. His kisses now travelling down my chest as he took off my shirt in a swift motion.

I missed this. I missed his touch.