Twenty-three: decision and heart monitor

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

I smirk and Stiles squeezes my hand. "It will be an honour, Coach."

~

After class I meet with Lydia while Stiles explains Scott what Allison does to him.

"Anything you want to share with me?" she smirks, dammit, Lydia.

"Actually...yes." I decide not to lie to her.

"Aw! You kissed!" she squeals and I hush her. Not that the whole school needs to know. "How was it? Do you like him?"

"Yes, but I'm scared I-wait a minute." I stop myself as Lydia smiles at me. "I like him."

"You do," she says.

"I really like him." Am I really admitting my feelings for Stiles?

"He needs to know, go tell him!" Lydia quickly hugs me as we say goodbye.

I look for Stiles in the halls, finding him near the front door of school. "Stiles!" I call for him. He says something to Scott who keeps walking.

"What are you up to?" I raise an eyebrow when I see his devilish grin in his face.

"I want to prove our point," he says. "Are you coming?"

"I'll probably regret it." I laugh, shaking my head.

"Then pick the car and come for me later, will you?" he pouts and I have to ignore the urge to kiss him.

"Text me, deal?" I stand up in my tip toes and reach for his cheek, where I leave a kiss.

"I think I'm getting this whole anchor thing." He smiles at me.

"Shut up and don't get in trouble." I walk away towards his precious jeep.

I drive home listening to the All Time Low album he got a couple of weeks ago and I refuse to admit he did it because they're my favourite band.

I park the car in front of my house and get in; I might as well eat something before picking Stiles up.

"Did that kid take you home?"

"Dad." I stop dead in my tracks. "What are you doing here so early?"

"Did he?"

"I drove here...why is it such a big deal?" I don't like it when dad's like this.

"We talked about this, Emma. I don't like you hanging out with him," he sighs.

"Does this have to do with Sheriff? Look, dad, I love you but you won't tell me who I can be friends with or not." I turn around, ready to go to my room and drop my books.

"What if I tell you I got you a new car?"

You have got to be kidding me.

"I don't want it." I don't look back, shutting the door of my room behind me.

Is he really this desperate? He got me a car without asking me, for fuck's sake. No, wait, scratch that: he got me a car without me begging on my knees for it.

I let the anger take over me as I make an important decision: dad don't want me to be with Stiles.

Guess what I'm going to do?

~

Stiles P.O.V:

I got a detention with Harris but it totally worth it. I'm good with Scott again and I dare to say that my plan with Emma worked out pretty well.

"It took you ages," is the first thing she says when she picks up the phone.

"I got a detention but we were right about the anchor," I proudly say.