THE LEAF LEGION SUMMIT

Start from the beginning

"Hey brats, what are you doin'?" a rough voice made Naruto's blue eyes widen as tears swelled in his eyes.

He shifted his gaze to his teammates, his mouth slightly open in shock. The two only smiled at him in response. Or in Sasuke's case, smirked.

Naruto slowly turned around and saw him. 

"P-Pervy Sage?" he whispered shakily. "Y-You're alive. . . you're really alive." His hands were shaking from where they were hanging by his side.

Jiraiya gave him a grin as he ruffled his blonde spikes. "You know brat, you look so much like your father I almost thought I was sent back in time!" 

Naruto simply stared as the man let out a hearty laugh.

He was jerked back to reality his ribs were subjected to a sharp nudge from none other than Sasuke Uchiha. Naruto raised a slight eyebrow at him, and Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"Go on, Ruto. I know you missed him."

"I-Is he really. . .? "

"Of course, idiot."

"H-How. . . why. . . when. . ."

"We travelled back in time. With news about the Akatsuki, nothing we don't know though. Also because he heard two of students were here. And around the time when Danzo escaped."

Naruto gulped before taking one step forward. . . before Sasuke's push made him stumble into Jiraiya. Said man blinked when he saw that the blonde's arms were wrapped as far as they could go around his waist. The Sannin was still somewhat stunned at the resemblance between him and his deceased student. 

"Pervy Sage," Naruto muttered.

Jiraiya let out a soft smile as he looked at the blonde.

"Where were you. . . the time when I needed you most? When I was growing up?"

Jiraiya was taken aback by the questions, his smile fading as he answered his godson. "I had a spy network to take care of. It would've been too dangerous to take you with me. I planned to come back here when you were old enough to defend yourself. And you have a family, don't you?"

"For everything you gain. . . you could lose something else." Naruto's eyes were shadowed by his bangs, a lump in his throat making it hard to speak.

Jiraiya frowned slightly. "I'm here now, Naruto. I haven't completely missed you growing up."

Sakura then stepped in. "Jiraiya-sama, you already be aware that Naruto is the jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi. And the jinchuuriki life forces you to grow up faster than normal, it never gives you a chance to experience childhood, even with the comfort of a family the Uchiha's provided him with."

"Naruto's one of the lucky ones," Sasuke added. "A majority of the jinchuuriki don't get a family that willingly looks after them. But even with that. . . he's still forced to grow up in order to be able to deal with the villagers' hate. My father took care of most of it, which slowed his mental growth somewhat, but right now? He's another Itachi, thinking like a Kage at the age of five."

"I'm six, Sasuke."

"Five, six, whatever. You started thinking like that when you were five."

"Says you." Naruto let the top of his left lip curl slightly. 

"Is it just me," Jiraiya scratched his head, "or do all of you kids seem to have the mentality of adults? You don't act your age at all. You know things you shouldn't. You can do things you shouldn't be able to achieve until you are at least fourteen."