Nami

This is in a guy's P.O.V!
~~~~~~~~~

My screeching alarm woke me up today. I was home alone since my mother had gone off to work early. My eyes were dangerously close to shutting down, but I couldn't afford to be late to school again. I barely got out of it last time with a two-day suspension.

Literally forcing myself out of bed, I managed to get myself up and into the bathroom. Washing up and preparing for school doesn't normally take me that long, but styling my bloody hair does. I usually spend around 15 minutes trying to make it perfect. Can't have girls thinking I have a bad hair day aye?

Many of my friends say I'm egotistical, but I'm just confident. I was never concerned with getting a girlfriend or desperately eager to please the ladies; it just happened naturally. I'm always friendly with them, with the occasional friends with benefits of course. My perspective on high school and relationships is completely different than what most might think. I'll worry about getting a long-term girlfriend or a wife once I'm in university, high school is for having fun!

I arrived at school a couple of minutes before the bell rang and I was thankful for that. Meeting up with my friends, we decided to head to class together and joke around like how we normally do. Our conversations almost always ended with someone bragging about who they slept with or how many they managed to sleep with over the weekend. I just found it funny. You would be surprised how competitive these guys get sometimes. It makes me wonder what else goes on in their brains.

"Hey Y/N, you've been awfully silent today mate. Got someone on your mind?" My friend Thomas nudged my arm and winked, while the others just laughed hysterically and joined in on the banter.

"Nah just tired." I shrugged and continued walking, not paying much attention to what they were talking about. Sometimes I wondered why girls spoke so lowly of boys.........now I know.

Separating from my friends, I said my goodbyes that ended up turning into a dramatic scene for everyone to have a laugh at and as I was averting my gaze, I hit something........no, someone.

I held their shoulders and abruptly apologized. "I'm so sorry, are you alright?"

As the girl looked up, a dark shade of pink spread across her cheeks, probably embarrassed. She had beautiful, long orange locks and she was very petite in size. I always saw her around the school and sometimes caught her glancing at me. Must be my bad reputation. I bet she's new and they've filled her head with nonsense. Oh well.

"Its okay, I'm fine." She replied softly and walked past me. I looked back at her one more time, before brushing the incident off and entering the class.

. . .

As I went along with my day, I had completely forgotten about the incident. Things like this happen often. Girls either purposely bump into me in hopes of a hookup, or my clumsy arse just runs into one instead and frankly tries to apologize without being insulted or yelled at.

I was feeling completely enervated after my basketball practice and couldn't wait to head home, neglect my studies and take a long nap. My grades are alright. I should probably start revising though since exams are coming up.

Bursting into the house like I usually do and jogging up the stairs, I abruptly opened the door to my little sister's room to greet her.

"HELLO S/N! YOUR FAVOURITE BROTHER IS HO- oh I didn't realize we have a guest?" My expression quickly turned into a perplexed one after I saw my sister with a friend.