Wiper

Out of everyone from the island, it had to be him. His presence by itself causes a huge amount of nuisance. That self-centered, cold-hearted ego he kept within himself made me vexed. How am I expected to be partners with him, when all he cares about is himself?

That constant frown on his face, the cold and short responses, everything. Why couldn't he just accept the fact that he isn't strong enough on his own?

Ugh! So many questions running wild through my mind, it began causing me a headache.

"Tired already, Y/N? I knew you were a weak link." He sneered.

"Shut up, Wiper." I retorted. How did he even notice when he's walking ahead of me?

I averted those thoughts and picked up my pace. Closing the gap between us, I was walking side by side next to him. Both of our hands clutched tightly to our weapons, ready to attack at any second. This grotesque side of the forest carried a stench scent.

Everything was silent; apart from the occasional sound of birds whistling. There's something fishy about this place. I can strongly feel the presence of a trap.

"This is pointless. I don't see any-"

SLASH...

Slicing through the abnormally large snake with my sword, I was able to save Wiper by a mere second. His face still hasn't recovered from the sudden shock and his body was frozen. It took him a minute to internalise what just happened.

"Uhhh....t-thanks I guess." Wiper quietly replied , a slight blush appearing on his face due to humiliation.

"Whose the weak link now?" I replied mockingly, continuing to walk.

(Time Skip)

The once bright sun, is now dim and almost disappearing in the horizon. The cavernous, orange-reddish sky, becoming dull and grey. Wild animals awakening for their hunt, and nothing but the echo of flying bats and the hoot of owls can be heard.

My legs have grown weak, from how long I've walked. Searching this place was nothing but a waste of time. Wiper and I didn't exchange any conversation after I saved his ass. He was frowning and looked spaced out. I didn't bother asking, since its none of my business anyway.

We were both currently scanning the area, to find somewhere safe to camp. I don't think my body can tolerate more walking. After a while, we came across a vacant space in the magnificently large forest. Rattling through my bag, I found the tent and began setting it up. Wiper was sat on the other side, staring into space.

"Can you get off your lazy ass and help me set this up?" I exasperatedly spoke, startling him.

"Yea, s-sure." He trudged to where I was standing, and began silently helping me.

This is awfully strange. Where is the usual sarcastic, trash-talking Wiper that I'm familiar with? His reply was just oddly......plain.

Shrugging it off, I continued working with the tent. A few minutes seemed like eons, trying to set this thing up so I can get some much needed rest.

When everything was finally set up, I wasted no time in rolling out my sleeping bag and hopping into it, sighing in relief and admiring the loveable sense of relaxation that I've been craving all day long.