Chapter 12: The Enchanted Franken-Forest

I woke up to see for the first thing in the morning, Lightning punching a dummy that looked just like Cameron that hung from the ceiling of the room. I sighed.

I turned to see Cameron trembling in his sleeping bag. I groaned and got up, wrapping my blanket around me as I went over towards Lightning and gently stopped him from punching the Cameron dummy.

"Is this necessary? Can't this at least wait till Cameron's out of the room?" I said, pointing to the still trembling boy in his bag.

"No can do, Remi! I'm all over this smart-guy for extra motivation!" Lightning said, punching the bag again. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm getting ready for today," I said, getting my stuff together and preparing for the challenge of the day, whatever it may be.

I went ahead to the dining hall and decided to sit across the other table waiting for Lightning. I saw Zoey and Cameron sitting next to each other. Zoey was still in her Commando-Mode. Never let me get on her bad side.

"Lightning is furious at me for winning the last immunity!" Cameron said. "I don't know why he's not after you too, Remington."

"Because I'm his best friend and he knows I'd never do such a thing." I said, turning back to my disgusting meal. I poked at it with my fork. I think it just growled.

"He's focused all his energy on pumping iron and psyching me out," Cameron said. Zoey bent her fork. "Me! The guy who gets psyched out by feathers and big drinking cups. Are you even listening to me?"

"You know what you gotta do?" Zoey said, leaning toward him all crazy like.

"Start backing away from you quietly?" Cameron said.

"You gotta grab your fear by the throat and throttle it into courage!" Zoey said.

"Courage?"

"The thing that can turn a passive small-town teen who sows her own clothes into a hardened extermination machine." Zoey said. She shot a fling shot and hit Chef. "Besides, Whatever Lightning's thinking can't be that bad."

"He's gonna eat me alive," Cameron started sweating. Ew. "I know it!"

I highly doubt that.

Lightning came in and took a seat beside me. He picked up the salt shaker and poured it over the Cameron dummy, taking a bite out of its face.

I stand corrected. . .

"Ah! It's like he's chewing my soul!" Cameron shrieked and started hyperventilating. I stopped paying attention to that little fiasco. I turned to Lightning to see who we could vote out next, but I didn't have to say anything to know who he's already thinking of. Of course Cameron would get the boot, but I couldn't be exactly sure. Wherever happens today will determine that.

I heard Cameron let out a loud OW, leaving me confused as to wonder why. I looked over and saw Zoey giving him a high five.

We went to the area for our next challenge in the forest. The four of us stood in front of Chris ready to face whatever horrid games he was going to unleash on us.

"Final four!" Chris said. "Welcome to: the mutant forest of terror!"

It was disgusting the forest was. It was plain weird and so creepy. It was like a version of Wonderland. Cameron backed up in fear as he fell in a pit of smoke of a sinkhole. Zoey came to the rescue and helped him.

"Oh yeah, watch your step. Biohazardous sinkhole." Chris said. "They put the 'mutant' in mutant forest of terror."

"Oh, thanks, teammate!" Cameron said to Zoey.