Chapter 3: Ice Ice Baby

We all went for breakfast in the dining hall, expecting to get a bowl of oatmeal. But. . . it wasn't edible at all. I sat beside Dawn, not daring to eat the food. I'd rather starve. Jo and Brick were competing with eating as Brick managed to choke on a spoon. Jo had to to help him cough it up.

Lightning ended up coughing from his food, choking as well. Damn, it's almost a porridge orgy in here.

Dawn got up and helped him, which really ended up only saving a cockroach that he was choking on. I was ultimately disgusted. I don't know how, but Cameron pissed off a rat which had these laser beams coming out of his eyes and spazzing at everyone making us jump out of the dining hall and run for our lives.

"What on Earth?" I shouted.

A loud scream echoed from inside the mess hall, and saw a refrigerator and Mike being tossed out of the cabin as he landed on the hard ground. There was no way that rat could've done that!

"Attention players," said Chris over the intercom. "Please head directly to the looming tragedy that is Mount Looming Tragedy. Your race begins now!"

An air horn went off. We all took off running towards the creepy looking mountain and stopped at the top of the hill. We all caught our breath.

"Did we win?" Sam asked. Cameron bent over behind a bush and puked up his breakfast. I cringed at the sight. Poor dude.

"If we were hamsters, I would've eaten you by now," said Jo. I heard a whistle and turned my head to see Chef and Chris next to a Jeep.

"Okay, Mutant food, on with the challenge," said Chris. "Part one is an uphill battle. You have to climb all the way to that cliff. First team to reach the top gets advantage in part two. You can climb with your hands or use whatever you find in the pile. Don't worry, this junkyard doesn't have a dog. It has a giant mutant beetle."

I stared wide at the biggest bug I've ever seen in my life. A cockroach bigger than me! It was at least eight feet tall. I shuddered. Bugs in general were so gross, but this looked like it came out of a nightmare.

"Big guy's a bit of a hoarder," said Chris. "His estate is full of useless crud and disgusting crud." The cockroach threw a toilet at us and we all ducked as it crashed somewhere. "That is, if you can get near it."

Chris gave a thumbs up and Chef blew into this ginormous horn. "It is on!" Chris shouted. We all took off running toward the mountain. I had to figure out how to climb the it. I looked around seeing Dawn struggling to climb as she was too short. Lightning ended up throwing rocks on the opposite players and made them all fall off the mountain.

//"See, Lightning isn't totally useless."//

I began to climb the cliff side, struggling with all my strength to pull myself up. It was difficult but I was doing it. That was, until I put my foot in a wrong spot and ended up slipping and falling on the ground, back first. I groaned in pain, feeling my lungs collapse. That hurt really bad.

//"Okay, cross off being physically active. I suck at that."//

I saw B dragging stuff around. I didn't know what he was doing. I got back on my feet and carefully made my way over. I didn't even want to talk I was hurting so much. He had this sofa on top of a toxic barrel with all this stuff I didn't know strapped to it.

"Baking soda? A broken chair leg? I was clobbered by a giant fire breathing beetle so you could collect this!" Sam exclaimed.

B beckoned us forward as he got on. We all shrugged at Sam, following B and getting on the sofa with him. Scott was barely holding on as he was still on the ground, leaning on the sofa. B connected some colorful wires together and we instantly went soaring in the air.