Chapter 1: Bigger, Badder, Brutal-er!

Chapter 1: Bigger! Badder! Brutal-er!

I sent my audition online as fast as I could. My little sister helped me record the video and sent it. I had to rewatch it for the first time before posting it to the website to make sure that it looked good enough to post to see if it was worthy enough in my eyes to even consider being on the show.

"Hi! My name is Remington Denalzi, but everyone calls me Remi. I play instruments, I can sing, and I kcal reach the highest note on the soprano spectrum! See? *singing the highest chord known to human kind* The right person to have on your show is me because I know that I can win it all! How, you might ask? Why, just ask my sister. C'mere, Kate, tell them why!"

My younger sister gets out from behind the camera and joined me on the bench of the window. She gave a big, teeth-braced grin and an excited wave.

"Hi! Please add my sister on the show! She's great! She's fun, cool, and supper duper nice! You'll love her!"

"Aww, thanks, Kate. You're the sweetest!" I said and gave her a hug.

I stopped the clip immediately, sending it over to the producers of the show. There was only four seconds left on the tape, but I figured it was fine. The video finished loading and automatically continued to play on its own.

In the clip I got up from the seat and walked out of the room when I saw Kate leaning into the camera with only her eyes and mouth were seen.

"Bye —!" Then she sneezed. And it wasn't a normal sneeze either. It was snotty and gross and pure revolting. I gasped at the finished clip that I had just SENT to the producers of the show. She did not! Why on earth didn't she tell me?

"KATE!"

Two weeks passed, and I got the call to be on the show. I packed my bags quickly for the essentials of what I needed. I would be going on a boat around noon. I grabbed my headphones and was driven to the place by a taxi to the docks of where I was being picked up. I was one of the first on board.

There was no where to sit so I stood by the railing as I watched the waves crash against the boat and listened to my music, hoping not to get sick from the constant rocking, and minding my own business as I hummed to my Hamilton soundtrack to my favorite song Aaron Burr, Sir.

We were nearing the docks when I heard the host, Chris McLean introducing the contestants of this season.

"Meet Jo!" said Chris, directing towards the woman with the short boy-cut hair in a hoodie and blue jeans.

"Stay out of my way if you value your kiwis," I heard her through my headphones. She snickered at the guys next to her.

"Scott!" announced Chris to the ginger beside Jo.

"Right back at'cha." He lifted his arm and sniffed his armpit. Real classic, I thought.

"Zoey and Mike!" The red head girl and the tanned boy next to Scott were definitely sparking to be a couple. I could just sense the romance from here.

"Can you believe we're here?" asked Zoey.

"Yeah, it's beautiful," said Mike, staring at her. They were attracted to each other by first glance.

"Lightning!"

The tall, muscular, football player pushed the two apart and threw up his guns. Wait, Lightning? How did he get here?

He's my best friend! We went to the same high school together. He was on the football team while I played in the band. The jock and the marching band player. We were the perfect duo. I can't believe he's here. I have to go say hey when I have the chance.