Two

woop woop edited chappie two comin' atcha ! :D

---

"Oh, you did not just send away a customer."

Blood drained from Alice's face as Kathleen's voice pierced her ears. Stumbling over her words, she said, "No, you don't understand, he, I, he-"

Kathleen rubbed her temples and closed her eyes. "Minutes after you beg me to give you hours, you kick out a customer."

"But, he -"

"Alice." Kathleen removed her hands from her face and folded them at her waist. A serene glow filled her eyes and her scowl grew sympathetic. Tilting her head, she took a step closer. "I don't pay you to bring your personal life to the restaurant. I don't care that he slept with you and didn't call you back -"

"What!? No! That's not -"

"I don't care, Alice," she said. The ominous smile on Kathleen's face forced Alice to drop her neck and surrender.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Ever."

"I know it won't," she said and turned to the schedule, scratching Alice's name off of the column labeled Sunday. "But I want you to go home and take the rest of the weekend off. Think about your commitment to the job and talk to me Monday."

Before Alice could argue, Kathleen disappeared down the hallway.

The entire time Alice got ready to leave work, she imagined shoving Isaac off a bridge. When she walked outside, the crisp early September air licked her cheeks and the fantasies of attacking Isaac turned to visions of bubble baths and wine. Already, she could taste the cheap bubbles of her stale Pinot Grigio that was in the back of her fridge. Soon, she could put the horrid day behind her. Tomorrow was a fresh start.

The smell of Philadelphia's polluted air filled her nose. Exhaust from the vehicles and autumn leaves; Two of her favorite smells. She craned her neck up to the sky, marveling at the majestic skyscrapers looming over her.

Everything about the city made her smile. In her opinion, there was nothing more beautiful than the city skyline at night. But what she loved even more about urban life was the ability to be as anonymous as she wanted. So long as she avoided his side of the city, she would never have to see Isaac Hanes again.

Or so she thought.

"...No, Greg. We don't know for sure if there was a contamination of that Straterra shipment. You can't send it out. We'll have another lawsuit on our hands."

All the blood inside of Alice turned cold as the familiar voice echoed behind the dark alley of Sally's Spaghetti House.

    No way. It couldn't be him. At least twenty minutes had passed since she kicked him out. There was no logical reason why he would be there.

    Following the voice around the alley, Alice's mouth dropped when she saw Isaac sitting on an upside-down yellow milk crate, his face in his hands, growing frustrated with whoever he was talking to. The scene itself was comedic. A man of at least six feet in a perfectly pressed grey suit, slumped on a crate in a dark alley, talking about getting sued. Unfortunately, Alice was too preoccupied with horror to find any humor in the situation.

    "You're stalking me," she blurted out in a definitive tone.

    His neck snapped away from the ground to her direction and he smiled, held up his index finger to motion for her to wait, and turned back to the phone call. "Hey, Greg, let me call you back, okay? I'm a little busy - no. No. Don't do anything." He pinched his nose and squeezed his eyes shut. "Listen, I'll call you later tonight. Just. Don't. Do. Anything."