I tossed the covers over the side of my and looked down to see I was still in my clothes from yesterday. I got out of bed and went over to the bathroom to take a shower.

I stayed in the shower until the water ran cold. Stepping out, I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked over to the counter to wipe the fogged mirror. I stared back at myself and I was paler than usual. Arizona kept me tan, but the sticky humidity of New York kept me inside and away from the sun. I shook my head to rid myself of the thought, I didn't care about any of that right now really. I've been so consumed with how I look to others since I've been here that I didn't even realize I wasn't focusing on why I was here. My dad.

I've gotten so caught up in it all, but how could I not?I was here, in a beautiful penthouse that would never really be my home. I had a fiancé, that would never be mine. I had a life here in New York that would never be real. I was caught up in all of it the past almost two months, but I had to snap out of it. I felt guilty that I was living so lavishly while my family was basically mourning for my father.

I needed to go home.

Even just for a couple days.

As soon as the idea of going home got into my head, I rushed over to the closer to quickly throw on some jeans and a random shirt. I swung my door open and held onto the rail as I basically flew down the stairs.

Alexander's office door was open so I didn't bother knocking as I stepped into the room. He wasn't sat at his usual spot. I looked around before exiting and looked down the hallway. I passed another spare bedroom that I wasn't as big as the one I was using upstairs, but it was still nicely decorated and completely untouched. It seemed to be more of a room to look at rather than one to live in.

I continued walking until I was met with the last door on the left side of the hallway. It was slightly cracked. I pushed on the dark wood door and it slowly swung open. My mouth was slightly taped as I took in my surroundings. The walls were dark grey that looked beautiful against the dark wood of his flooring. The bed was huge with an almost black comforter and matching pillows. The bed was unmade and a few clothes were scattered amongst the room. This had to be Alexander's room. continued walking until I was met with the last door, it was slightly cracked open. I pushed it further and instantly knew it was Alexander's. It was the biggest room in the house, with a gorgeous view of the city.

"Ana," his familiar voice filled the room

I gasped and quickly spun on around to face him. My eyes were wide as I turned to him to see Alexander standing there with a towel around his waist, the water from the shower he had taken was still on his bare chest.

His very toned chest.

"Um, Alexander, I-I'm sorry I couldn't find you and-"

He chuckled, cutting off my rambling. "It's fine, did you need something?" I need you to put a damn shirt on.

"I-I'll wait for you to get dressed." I mumbled like an idiot. I didn't wait for his response as I quickly left his room, shutting the door behind me.

I walked into the living room and sat on the black leather sofa. A few minutes later Alexander came walking out with his usual slacks and button up. "I need a favor." I said, standing up. I didn't want to beat around the bush with this.

He raised an eyebrow and seemed surprised. "Of course, what is it?"

"I've got to go home for a couple days." I said.

"Ana-"

"I need to, Alexander. My father isn't doing well and I have to be with them. I haven't seen any of them in nearly two m-"

"Ana," he cut me off making me glare at him.

"What?" I snapped.

"I was going to say yes, we could go tomorrow and be back on Tuesday."

My eyes widened and I couldn't help but throw my arms around him to hug him. "Oh thank you," I was relieved more than anything. I thought this would turn into some big fight, but it was wrong on my part to judge how he'd react. I didn't like our arranged marriage, but Alex has been nothing but nice to me.

He hugged me back before I pulled away with a smile. "I'm serious, Alex. Thank you,"

He shook his head. "Don't thank me. You're doing me a favor, now it's time I do the same." He said, reminding me again how fake this all was.

I stepped back from his hold and nodded. "Alright, I'm going to go pack a few things."

"Wait, how are you feeling?" He asked smugly. "I didn't think you'd be alive today."

I gave a small smile. "Well, the news I got this morning sobered me up pretty good."

His smirk fell and was soon replaced with worry. "What happened?"

"I don't really want to talk about it." I said, knowing I'd burst with tears if I did so.

He looked like he wanted to say something but just nodded before walking away.

Ok I'm sorry this is kind of a filler chapter. Next one will be better!