Chapter Twenty- Nine

Nicki:

I played with my fingers nervously thinking about how I was gonna tell Jayceon what was on my mind. I took a deep breath and entered our bedroom to find him fully dressed, stood in front of the mirror as he put on his chains.

"Where're you going?" I asked. He looked at me through the mirror.

"To the studio." He answered. I nodded and sat on the edge of the bed, continuing to watch him as he brushed his waves. "Okay. Can we talk when you get back?" I asked.

He turned around to look at me. "I got time now." I bit my lip and looked down, preparing myself. "Nic what's up?"

"I'm so sorry Jay but I can't marry you." I cried. He looked at me confused. I bit my lip as tears streamed down my face. "I kissed Dave."

He sighed loudly and ran his hands over his face. He sat next to me and placed his hand on my thigh. I frowned and looked at him as he spoke. "It was just a kiss. I forgive you."

I shook my head and stood up. "I don't want you to forgive me Jayceon. I can't marry you because I don't want to." I told him. He stood in front of me and grabbed my waist, pulling me close to him. "What are you talking about? I love you."

I moved his hands off me and stepped back. "It's over Jay."

"No. I'm going to the studio and when I get back we can talk about this."

"I don't want to talk about it Jay! I'm leaving you."

"I'm not giving up on us-" I cut him off. Why wasn't he listening to me? "There is no us! These last 3 years I've been faking it. Why do you think I shutdown the idea of us having a baby?!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry but I never loved you Jay, I was just trying to get over Dave but it didn't work." I mumbled and instantly felt bad.

I took a deep breath and tried reaching for his hand but swung his arm back, hitting my face in the process which caused me to fall back and hit my head on the edge of the side table.

He looked down at me and shook his head before leaving. I hissed in pain as I ran my fingers over the back of my head and felt a deep cut.

"Great." I mumbled sarcastically to myself.

"You're here alone...again." The nurse, Mary said to me as I sat on the hospital bed waiting for her to clean and stitch the cut on my head.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't start Mary." I warned her.

"You shouldn't have to keep something like this to yourself Nicki." Mary said. "Thanks for the advice but can you just do your job and stitch me up?"

"I'm trying to help you."

"I don't need your help. I need you to mind your business." I said with an attitude.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." I sat back relaxing until I realised something. "What are you even doing here? This isn't your department." I asked. "I'm covering for somebody."

"Well do that then. Cover."

"You're so miserable sometimes Nicki. You're lucky I like you. If you had that attitude with any other nurse they would've left you here to bleed out." She complained.