Chapter Eleven

Dave:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!" I woke up to Nicki and Harlem singing loudly in my face. I sat up and grabbed Harlem. "Happy birthday daddy." She said softly, hugging my neck.

"Thank you princess." I said and looked up at Nicki who was carrying a tray with a plate of food and a glass of orange juice. "We made you breakfast." She sat the tray on the side, then crawled onto the bed. "You're getting old." She giggled cuddling against my side. "So are you. Your birthdays coming up soon."

"Yeah but I'll be turning 24. You're already 25 now." She teased, acting like one year between us was a big difference. "Be quiet. Harley come." I sat up and reached for Harlem who was busy watching her cartoons. "Daddy old." She said causing Nicki to burst out laughing.

Nicki:

After showering and putting my clothes on I made my way to the kitchen, where I saw Dave holding Harlem and talking to her. "You look just like your mama, you know that." I smiled, I loved their father daughter bond. They were like best friends and whenever he spoke to her she really be focused and listening.

 They were like best friends and whenever he spoke to her she really be focused and listening

"That's good?" Dave asked Harlem as she ate a piece of chicken. She nodded  yes then handed him what was left once she saw me. "Mommy."

I went over to them and she held out her arms for me. "I know you're going to the club tomorrow but I called everybody and told them to come over tonight. When I'm finished cooking I'ma take Harlem over to Laira's." I said referring to me inviting his friends over to help celebrate his birthday.

"Are you coming back?" He asked. "No. I was gonna let you have the house to yourself. You want me to stay?" I put Harlem down and wrapped my arms around his torso, he leaned down and kissed me. "Do what you want baby."

"I'll come back later on tonight okay?"

Dave:

"Happy birthday homie!" My best friend, who was also like my brother Jay yelled.