CHAPTER 7

With my head hung low, I deeply stared at the soft grass beneath me. Why can't I just have a normal life? Why can't I have parents who would love me? Why can't I have few good friends who would support me? Why can't I smile each day so bright, as if I don't have any problems to face in my life?

Or the least thing, that I always wanted to be was unnoticed. I don't want any attention. I don't want to be the 'noticed girl', but everything is different now. I'm stuck with two most popular guys of the college, who hate each other so much that they can't even spend 10 seconds in the same room, without killing each other.

"Hey Megha" I heard from a distance someone calling my name. I looked to my right to see, Beth waving at me. I gave her a small smile and she slowly approached me.

"What are you doing here? I already told you we will meet at lunch, planning to ditch me already" she said with a smile on her lips

"No, nothing like that. Its just warm here" I replied, hiding my sadness.

"Anyways, I know you didn't eat your lunch yet, so come on lets go to the cafeteria, I'm sure Alex must have already picked us something to eat" she said holding her hands out for me to take.

What!!! Cafeteria...ME. No wayyyyy!!!!!!

Harry would definitely be there, if Alex is there. Beth doesn't know what happened in the morning. I really can't face Harry and what worst if Tyler is also in the cafeteria. No, I can't risk.

No no, I can't handle anymore drama today. That's completely fine by me, if I skip today's lunch. I will tell Beth, I have some work. Yeah....that's seems to be better.

"Megha...what happened come on, I'm HUNGRY" she whined like a small kid.

"Beth, I'm not hungry. You carry on...I will see you in the room?" I told her slowly, hoping she would understand.

"No way, you haven't even eaten properly in the morning also. You are coming with me that's final" saying this, she pulled me to my feet and started dragging me towards the cafeteria.

Loud laughs, cheers surrounded the cafeteria. Some were eating, some were playing, some were chatting...overall the place was quite a mess with the noises of the students yet so sinfully pleasant due to the smell of the amazing food.

Fear,anxiety,nervousness and most of all helplessness was all I felt. I was not ready to face him and I exactly know what would happen if I see him right now. I could not bear his harsh words anymore.

I still don't understand why does it hurt so much, only when Harry speaks to me in that tone. All my life, as far as I remember, no one spoke to me with love and care...parents, friends or anyone ... it should nothing be new to me when Harry says that, but why??

Drawn in my own thoughts ...I never realized when we made to the cafeteria, and now I'm standing in front of the devil himself.

He glares at me with those gorgeous eyes, but I can sense some sort of emotion hidden in them, his eyes rake my body and I feel so self conscious of my appearance. I know I don't look great, he doesn't need to make me feel more insecure. Then I noticed that he has a beautiful girl sitting beside him. Her arms clung to his biceps and was tracing her perfectly manicured nails on his high definite cheekbones.

I couldn't help but feel jealous. There was this bad feeling, that I want to rip her hands from his face and drag him away from her. What is happening to me?

She realized that her boyfriend was not giving her any attention as he was busy focusing on me. Beth excused herself to hug Alex and after their little moment, he gave me a small smile .