Chapter 30 (The decision)

Start from the beginning

"Spill.... spill it out Zain everything. Now!"
Zain felt Munira tappinh her by the shoulders,realizing that she has zoned out she smiled lazily and spoke.
"It's nothing Munni,yayyy we gon have fun at Naim's wedding". She fist pump the air in a fake attempt to show how enthusiastic and eager she was about the upcoming wedding.
Munira just gawked at her knowing clearly that her friend got something cooking down her mind which explains why she was needing someone's company to go to Naim's wedding. She didn't want to pressure her into asking about her marital life or what the challenges are,but she would really want to know what's up with Zain. She knows it's not about Malik as Zain has never complained about Malik treating her in some kind of undesirable way,and his mother too. Infact even Munira can testify that Malik's mom takes Zain like her own daughter. Her mind was more inclined towards someone in the household ,maybe one of Malik's siblings,or his Aunties. Munira gave a defeated deep sigh and didn't press Zain into telling her again.
******************
Malik got out of the meeting and immidiately called Zain as he promised to call her back earlier.

"Hello beautiful how's your day going".

"It's great. I'm just so happy to be done with this darn project thing. How was your meeting my love?".

"Just got out now. On my way back to the office to handle other things".

He passed by Amal's office without sparing a glance at the direction. He's doing everything he can to keep away from her,not because she alone needed time but he sure needed his own time too as he still had no idea what he was trying to get himself into.

Amal saw Malik passing from the tail of her eyes. She tried not to stare in his direction but to no avail. She's just tired of the sick games,the hide and seek they've been playing with each other for weeks now. Deciding that she will end the games for good or for bad today and right now,she stood up from her seat,adjusted her scarf and made her way to his office.

Back in his office,Malik was still on phone with Zain,she was telling him about her day and he was all up for it.

"Well on the bright side, you will shop for Naim's wedding and make last minute arrangements in one week right... "

"Yeah that reminds me,i have asked Munira to come with me on that day."

"No problem love,it's your brother's wedding too,it's just normal to invite someone,i guess you ladies will do your shopping together".

"Yeah we'll go together maybe this weekend ".

"Sure then weekend it is,...."

He was too engrossed on the phone call that he didn't hear when she made her way into his office. All he saw was her,standing in front of the big table with a determined look on her face,calm but not ready to give up on anything. He resisted the urge to smile at her,determination with a dose of furiousness looked good on her. He rounded up the call with Zain hang up,it has escaped his mind that she wanted to talk about something a little while ago before he went in for meeting. He felt silly for forgetting.

"You can't just admit your love to someone and brush them off just like that Malik, it's not the way out". Amal retorted with a sharp look on her face.

"You said you wanted to talk before i left for meeting. What is it Amal?". He cocked his eyebrow looking all calm and cool,not bothered in the slightest.

"Yes,this is what i wanted to talk about. You can't just ignore my existence just like that,what do you take me for? A freaking joke?!"

He gathered his full attention and faced her,folded his arms to his chest and didn't say a word as she kept on.

"All these games,i am tired of the sick games Malik. Let's just get over it. I get it you made a mistake by professing that you even love me because clearly you don't.  I don't even know what got into head that time. I get it all amd it's all good, what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas yeah. Trust me i will never bring it up again either. From now on it's just going to be extremely formal between us,or atleast i will try to be civil with you. No informality whatsoever,i am so done with all this childish bullshit so get over it too".