18. An Early Chistmas gift

Start from the beginning

"Mom... I missed you too.... so so much..." I said while crying.

I missed her presence... I missed her smile....

I missed her entirely...

If only I could turn back time and hug her every-day when I was still by her side...

[[Your father.... ]]

My smile disappeared as I heard that.

[[...he blocked your number from the household to prevent us from reaching you...]]

My mouth suddenly opened in disbelief, and more tears came falling.

I know that my dad doesn't see me as the daughter he had always wanted... but blocking my number just crosses the line...

I guess he really wanted me gone from their lives, huh.

I bit my lip and gathered all the strength that I could to reply.

"Mom... Don't worry, I'll make sure to work harder so that I can see you and Ji Eun once again....." I said to her with my voice full of determination.

I can feel mom smiling from the other side.

I smiled too.

[[Oh honey, you never fail to make me smile..]]

I hear her chuckle and I chuckle along with her.

Her laugh somewhat made the pain inside me heal in a way....

[[How have you been? Oh dear, I'm very sorry about your father... He is such a little....]]

I chuckle as I feel mom restraining herself from the other side

"I know mom... Don't stress yourself too much, okay?" I said kindly "I'm actually doing fine here..." I followed.

"... I actually wanted to tell you something..."

I paused for a moment there, deciding if I should continue or not...

[[what is it, honey?]] she asked.

I closed my eyes and sighed. Here it goes...

"I......had met someone who helped me in pulling myself up..." I said sheepishly.

[[Someone?... Do you mind telling me who this lucky guy is?]]

I gulped. I can feel Mom grinning from the other side. Why is she so clever...

"I guess you'll have to wait and see until I get back to Busan. Trust me, Mom... He's a great guy."

I don't know but I suddenly feel embarrassed telling all of this to mom.

I hear her giggle [[Whoever he is, honey, make sure to bring him here when you get back, okay? I'd like to offer him some gratitude for taking care of my angel...]]

As soon as I heard my Mom giggling, my face suddenly turned red in embarrassment.

[[....i'll wait for you, Suji...]] Mom said. I'm glad that her voice sounded happier now, earlier both of us were crying like a river.

[[Anyway, I need to go now. Your father doesn't know that I bought a secret phone just so that I can contact you. Whatever happens, Suji, make sure to call this number every now and then, okay?]]

I quickly smiled knowing that I'll be able to talk to Mom again

"Ne...." I nodded and smiled "....I Love you, Mom...."