Chapter Five

*Ali's POV*

They had to bring up that one question. Out of a million others they could have asked, my friends had to bring up the one question I didn't want to answer. We were in the middle of playing truth or dare and I was dumb enough to say truth. Now I had to answer the question I dreaded the most.

"Uh," I tried to pause.

"Your not getting out of it this time, Ali," Brae said.

"Um, I'm gonna go get a drink." I stood up and Sasha grabbed my wrist.

"Sit," she demanded. I sat back down. "Answer."

I sighed and tilted my head back. "Florida. I lived in Orlando, Florida."

Sasha and Brae squealed and started bouncing in their places.

You lived in the same town as Before You Exit," Brae exclaimed.

"Trust me," I muttered. "I know."

"What?" Sasha asked.

"Nothing," I said quickly.

"What school did you go to in Orlando?" she asked, still holding onto my wrist.

"North Orlando High School," I replied.

"Ok, just wondering."

We finished out game shortly after, watched a few Disney movies, then went to bed around 3 in the morning.

*****

A few nights later, I was on twitter once again and saw I had a few new followers. I went to see who they were just because I was bored and had nothing else to do. One in particular caught my eye. I clicked their page and saw they had tweeted me.

@BYEFangirl: @AliIsAwesome how could you keep this a secret from me?

Shoot.

@AliIsAwesome: @BYEFangirl keep what a secret?

A few minutes later she replied.

@BYEFangirl: @AliIsAwesome you know what.

I hesitated.

@AliIsAwesome: @BYEFangirl what?

I really hope she wasn't talking about what I thought she was talking about.

@BYEFangirl: @AliIsAwesome stop playing that game. Why didn't you tell me you know BYE?

Damn it. She did know.

@AliIsAwesome: @BYEFangirl you never asked.

@BYEFangirl: @AliIsAwesome were you like, friends with them?

I didn't answer. She probably knew by now.

@BYEFangirl: @AliIsAwesome OHMIGOD YOU WERE, WEREN'T YOU.

I sighed.

@AliIsAwesome: @BYEFangirl yes.

I looked toward my phone and saw the screen light up with a call. And I bet you'll never guess who it was.

Connor.

He'd been calling at least once a day since I moved. Did he know how much it costed to call a different country?

Once again, I ignored his call and went back to twitter.

@ConnorMcDonough: Please pick up.

The phone stopped ringing, but started up again shortly after.

I stared at in for a few seconds before reaching over to grab it. The tears were already to start pouring out before I even pressed accept and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

I broke down.

"Connor?" I asked through the tears.

"Ali!"

"Connor," I repeated.

"Ali, I miss you so much." He was crying too.

"It's so good to hear your voice," I said through the phone.

"Why did you leave without telling me?" he asked.

"I... it would've hurt so much. More than it already does."

"It hurts me too."

"I'm sorry," I said. "I just couldn't."

We were silent for a few moments.

"How's PEI?" He asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Cold," I laughed a little. "It's usually only 20 degrees."

"Only 20 degrees?!" he exclaimed.

"Celsius."

"Oh." he chuckled.

"Yeah. Other than that, it's pretty good. the people are nice, school isn't too bad." I looked down at my lap.

"I'm glad you like it there," he spoke. "When is the first long weekend?"

"Um, next week," I answered. "Why?"

"No reason." I heard voices in the background. "Hey, I'm gonna put you on speaker, ok? The guys want to say hi."

"Ok."

"Say hi guys!"

"Ali," I hears them all say.

"Hey guys!" I smiled at their voices.

"We miss you Ali," Toby said.

"I miss you guys too," It was so good to hear my friends from home. "Is Courtney there?"

"You didn't forget me," Courtney screamed.

I burst out laughing through the tears which had turned from sad to happy. "No, I didn't forget you, Courtney. I can't forget you."

We spent another 45 minutes talking and laughing like we used to before we hung up. It was amazing to finally get the chance to talk to them again. Now I just hoped I could see them again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M SORRY. DON'T KILL ME PLEASE. I WAS SO BUSY WITH EXAMS AND WORK THAT I COULDN'T POST THIS CHAPTER. But it's up now, so everybody's happy...I hope. Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter. Vote, comment, I don't care. Do whatever floats your boat. But, other than that, I'm gonna go. Ok! Bye!(Get it? Bye: BYE - Before You Exit? No? ok)

~Nicky :)