Chapter Seven

*Ali's POV*

The doorbell rang.

"Hello?" I called.

No answer.

The doorbell rang again.

"Come in! It's open!"

Another ring.

"I said it's open," I shouted, starting to get annoyed. I started walking down the hall and I heard the door open and close.

"Who is it?"

Silence.

"Don't be shy."

Nothing. Not even a peep.

"I don't bite. Honest."

Then I heard footsteps.

"Mom?" I peeked around the corner but no one was there. "Mom, is that you?" I frowned.

There was the sound of a loud bang in the kitchen. I jumped slightly and reached into the closet next to me, pulling out a baseball bat. No, neither my mom or I played baseball. I don't even know where we got it from.

I proceeded through the house, keeping my eyes and ears peeled for any movement or sound.

BANG!

I spun around just in time to dodge a swing from one of our kitchen knives. I took the baseball bat I was holding and swung it right for the masked figure's side. The impact was hard enough to make him stumble a bit but before I got the chance to hit him again, he took the knife and sliced my leg.

I screamed out in pain as he regained his balance and slammed his fist into my face me before running for the door and slamming it shut behind him.

I slid down to the floor in pain on my leg, cheek, and stomach. I looked down, just to find the knife he was holding had hit my side too, right around my rib cage.

Tears stung my eyes and I tried to hold the pain in. I dragged myself down the hall and to my room trying my best not to pass out. After about 10 minutes of struggling, I had made it to my bed and reached up to grab my phone. I opened the messages I had with Sasha and sent her a new one.

Help.

Then I called the first person that came to mind.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Connor," I replied weakly as the pain kept shooting through me.

"Ali, what's wrong?" he sounded concerned.

"Connor, I don't know what happened but somebody broke into the house." I tried to hold back the tears of pain. I seemed to be crying every time I spoke to him and it couldn't happen again. "It hurts. Bad."

"What?" he asked. "What hurts?"

"Everything. My side, my face, my leg. It all hurts."

"Ok, um, do you know who it was?" I could almost picture his worried, thinking face.

"No, they were wearing some sort of mask and dark clothes."

"Does anybody else know?"

"No, not really." I felt myself getting weaker. "I texted a friend but I haven't gotten a reply yet."

"Is your mom home?"

"I don't think so." My voice was almost a whisper now. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to block out some of the pain and regain some energy.

"Ali, stay with me." Connor half shouted through the phone. "Stay awake. Don't close your eyes."

"I'm really trying, Connor." I whispered.

"Talk to Riley for a minute." I heard the phone shuffle around for a second.

"Ali? Is everything Ok?" Riley questioned with worry in his voice.

"No," I answered quietly. I told him what happened before Connor asked for the phone back.

"Your mom is on her way home and I'm flying out there in the morning," he said.

"No, you don't have to," I tried to stop him, but in all honesty, it kinda made me feel a tiny bit better.

"Yes. I just booked the flight and it'll land at 11:30am."

"Connor," I quietly said.

"No." I could picture him shaking his head in frustration. "I'm coming whether you want me to or not. We're going to find the person who did this."

"Connor, I can't keep my eyes open."

"Keep trying, Ali," he encouraged. "Someone will be there anytime now."

I closed my eyes, blocking out the pain while my breathing became quick and shallow.

"Ali, don't pass out." His voice cracked a bit as it was getting distant. "Come on, Ali. Stay awake!"

That was the last thing I heard him say before darkness took over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I give you full permission to hit me. This chapter felt necessary. If you guys could share this story on twitter, that'd be awesome! Yeah, vote, comment, etc. I honestly have no idea when the next chapter will be up, but hopefully sooner than this one was!

~Nicky :)