Prologue - Before everything went down the rabbit hole

Prologue

Adamo Saviano was charming, handsome and rich. He could have any woman he wanted and I still couldn't figure out why he chose me. No, I am not his wife or even his girlfriend. I still hadn't found a term that I was comfortable with even after 11 months of being together. We were not in a relationship as we were not dating or friends, I was not his mistress as I refused to accept the apartment, car and money he said were gifts. I was also not his lover as we weren't in love.

Liar, liar, pants on fire! I cringed as the voice inside my head started singing. I was in love with the damn Italian. It's been 2 months since I started leaving some clothes and staying the night on weekends at his insistence. It was time I came clean because I couldn't keep the words back anymore and I was scared I would blurt them out in the heat of passion and if he refused me when I was so vulnerable I didn't think I could make it.

Ti amo, two words in Italian. I love you, three words in English. I will say it in Italian, it was shorter and seemed far more intimate than the English version.

Walking briskly to Adamo's penthouse on the upper east side I pulled my light jacket closer as the temperature started dropping down. As I stood in front of the door to Adamo's apartment I felt my heart thundering in my chest. Relax, he won't be here until another three hours. Enough time to freshen up and cook a nice meal. With a deep breath and a confident smile I walked in through the door only to feel my heart plummet to the ground.

Standing in the middle of the living room was Adamo Saviano. A furious Adamo Saviano whose glare made me wish I was six feet under.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please Vote, Comment and share!

Looking forward and Open to suggestions, If your comment is labelled as "offensive and is under review", it's not me. It is either wattpad or a reader so don't get offended.