37: Her Saving Grace

"Wait," she frowned as the name started to sink in

"Wait," she frowned as the name started to sink in. "Hanbin? you'reㅡ"

"iKON's missing leader, yes," he finished for her. Lisa's actions halted as Junhoe's words filled up her mind.

'We will help you no matter what and once our leader comes back, we're certain he'll be on our side too. His name is Hanbin, so if ever you met someone with that name, you're safe with him.' Her doubts slowly faded away, maybe this guy could really help her.

"And they didn't know you're Vincent Han?"

"Yes, no one really knew. After my real mother found out who I came to be ㅡ a gang member that is ㅡ she insisted I hide my identity for a while then she sent me to the UK. That's why I just disappeared without telling my friends."

She absentmindedly nodded, "how about Kwon Jiyong?"

"He probably knew," he scoffed. "But he can't do anything to hurt me. I'm still his son, you know?"

"It's weird hearing you say that. He looks too young to be your father," she added, knowing that they're stalling from their original topic, but it can't be helped. Maybe this talk would help her calm down first.

"Yeah I know, our age gap is only 13 years. But I remember him insisting I call him father and treat him as one so I would give him my utmost respect and would always obey him. That twisted mind of his..." Hanbin drawled.

"So what I know is," she muttered, taking a deep breath. "Kwon Jiyong's cousin ㅡ who was the one driving the car that hit me ten years ago ㅡ was arrested because of your father, Alexander Han. He was blamed for all the deaths in that incident to protect me and Jungkook."

"Yes, because my biological father was your and Jungkook's parents' lawyer and friend," he added from the other line.

"This apparently drove the man insane causing him to kill himself. This is the reason why Kwon Jiyong was doing all these to take revenge for his cousin. His first move was kidnapping you ten years ago to make your parents suffer. But then you grew up and decided to make everything right. That's why you joined the Mob with your friends with the hopes of destroying it from the inside."

"Then two years ago," Hanbin said interrupting her, "he found out about my plan, killed my father in front of me and threatened to kill my friends too if I ever show myself to him again. Yep, that pretty much sums up my shitty life," he laughingly said.

How can he laugh at a time like this? She thought incredulously.

"So why do you want to help me? Won't this put your friends in danger?"