31: Never-Ending Feud

"Two years ago, everything started two years ago," Lisa remembered Jennie starting the story with those lines

"Two years ago, everything started two years ago," Lisa remembered Jennie starting the story with those lines. They were seating on the bleachers across the empty field, the fair weather cooperating with their need to be alone, far from the prying ears of their schoolmates.

"We have talked about this, our theories of how the gangs started their feud and we all concluded that the first ever gang war was two years ago. It was ignored because the news of Alexander Han's death took the attention of most people.

"But what we failed to consider was if the former Minister's death was actually connected with the said gang war. And it was, it all revolved around that." Jennie looked at each one of them before bringing out a couple of papers from her bag which was actually news articles. "These news articles are from two years ago but weren't published."

"What? Why haven't they published it?" Rosé asked.

"Because the partial truth was written in them." Shock was evident on the girls' faces as they immediately took one article each and started reading. Lisa took a deep breath as a paragraph made her heart beat faster.

'It was discovered that Alexander Han has actually gone missing three days prior to his dead body being found. A statement from his family was obtained saying they got a message from Minister Han and according to him;

'He got an out-of-town business to attend at around five in the afternoon last Saturday ㅡ the same time his meeting with some European Ambassadors finished. The said message was proven to be a hoax from his abductors. After a thorough investigation by the chief prosecutor, these abductors are proven to be a gang working under a notorious mob.'

One word instantly echoed inside her mind; iKON.

"They covered it up with a lie that Minister Han was killed in their vacation house here in Byeoljari because that was where the body was found. And it was found only around an hour after he was shot because the wound was fresh. Considering everything happened in Byeoljari, we could instantly assume that it was one of the gangs who did itㅡ"

"IKON?" Jisoo interrupted, "but I know them! They wouldn't do such things, I meanㅡ"

"Jisoo, I know that too," Jennie cut her off, holding her hand. "That's why I said partial truth, not everything there was true. I tried to find more information and I did that by racing again. I found an informant. He knew majority of things that happened before but for him to spill, I need to race for him."

"What?" Rosé indignantly reacted, "you mean to say all your winnings will be given to him?"

"Yes, at least it's the only thing I have to do. Winning is easy for me," Jennie reasoned out.