08: Sweet and Ice-cold

Lian hurriedly pulled him inside and made him sit on the couch before turning around to get the first aid kit from her room

Lian hurriedly pulled him inside and made him sit on the couch before turning around to get the first aid kit from her room. With no words uttered, she sat in front of him and looked at his face.

There was a cut below his right eyebrow about an inch and a half long. It's not too deep to need stitches but it made his eye swollen and the band-aid stuck on it was failing its job. Next were the bruises on his left cheekbone and one down his jaw, and lastly the tiny scratch on his lower lip.

She slowly leaned closer to him and carefully removed the band aid, making him hiss in pain. "I'm so sorry!" She whispered in panic before absentmindedly blowing on the wound to ease the pain.

She can feel his eyes on her and the undeniable tension between them, but she willed herself to focus on her task. It made her breathing hollow as her skin pricked and something inside her stirred. When she was done patching him up, she can't help but take a glance at him, only to see the guy already staring back at her, as expected.

His uncharacteristic eyes reeled her in, making it impossible for her to look away. His irises are actually so sweet-looking, it sure is ironic knowing his personality. Still, he was able to turn his gazes cold and sharp, enough to make you run for the hills.

Sweet but ice-cold, just like how she drinks her beloved coffee every morning.

"You got in trouble again." It wasn't a question but a statement. She finally was able to look away from him, as she began putting all the stuff back inside the kit and cleaning the used ones.

She was about to stand up to bring the kit back to her room when Judah pulled her down the couch again. She yelped in surprise and almost ended up on his lap, good thing she quickly pushed him and slid away. The guy didn't release her hand and started playing with his ring on her finger.

"I didn't get in trouble, I brought trouble myself," he smirked, voice quite hoarse.

This made her smile, what a Judah thing to say. First he was danger, now he's trouble. What's next? God of mischief or something? If so, why can't she get away from him? He was two things her brother had been telling her to avoid, but it turns out she had a rebellious side too.

"You should get going now, aren't your friends looking for you?"

Jordynn mentioned on their way back earlier that Hell's Bullet is residing in the same house which they bought themselves. She didn't believe it at first but remembered that they came from wealthy families, it really wasn't a big deal for them.

"They knew I left to get some help with my injuries," he answered.

"Aren't they capable of doing that?" She tilted her head in question while directly looking through his eyes, waiting for his reply.

"They don't take care of me as much as you do," this made her heart skip a beat—something he was good at, she realized.

He always knew the right things to say. Either to make her more curious, causing her to keep on coming back to him, or to make her heart go wild against her chest at the simplest of words he uttered. He doesn't need an entire paragraph or a speech to see her blush and get flustered, all he needs was a single sentence, a phrase even, perfectly put together and she'd melt.