Special Chapter 02

Jungkook's POV

"You should've told us, this should've been avoided," Namjoon uttered with controlled anger. He was holding the edge of the conference table with both hands, surrounded by his members. "Now what? How can we fucking launch a rescue operation if we don't even have any leads?" The leader continued, looking squarely through Jungkook's eyes.

"That's the reason why I didn't inform you," he emotionlessly replied, gazing back at his gangmate. "We still have not gotten any information from the commanding unit. Joongki-hyung was waiting for the go-signal beforeㅡ"

"When did we ever wait for the police force's command?" Joon interrupted.

"This case was different from the ones used to be given to us, you all know that." He started feeling annoyed too. He doesn't even know why his members are so adamant on blaming everything to him.

Assemblyman Oh's case must be treated carefully. It involves not only the black market but also the South Korean government's relationship with China. Yes, it's that big. They can't just plan and do anything by themselves, or else more lives would be at risk - worst case scenario, a war could ensue.

Sounds of phone ringing echoed inside, catching everyone's attention. Namjoon instantly brought his phone out his pocket before momentarily glancing at Jungkook. "It's your brother," he shortly informed before stepping out of the room.

Jungkook sighed, closing his eyes and leaning back his chair in distress. He then felt a tap on his shoulder, making him turn to his side.

"Kook-ah," Taehyung called out, "what's the matter with you? These days you seem... agitated."

He frowned, "nothing," he uttered without further explanation, as he glanced around and found all the members were looking at him too.

There was a few seconds of silence until Yoongi suddenly broke it; "Maybe it's because of the Intercollegiate Games, is our maknae excited to see his childhood love?" He teased, playing with a pen in his hand.

Jungkook immediately looked at Yoongi, catching his taunting eyes. Among his friends, only Taehyung knew about his secret visits. Even though his Hyungs knew who she is in his life, and the fact that she's in Byeoljari, he doesn't tell them that he actually knew where she specifically is. He can't let them see her. He's not being possessive or shits like that but it's obvious that her brother is guarding her 24/7, he can't risk it.

"Her brother must be planning to increase her security," Yoongi added, smirking.

"Wang is such a fucking paranoid," Jimin laughingly said, earning chuckles and a nod from Suga.

"Bet he's thinking ways on how to hide the clueless girl from our boy," Yoongi scoffed. "But JK is hard to break, I hope you won't regret it kid."

"I won't."

The older member shrugged, "if you say so."

He will, he knew he will, and maybe that was the reason of his agitation - like Tae said. Nowadays he's starting to be more reckless of his actions. Just like what happened earlier, when he pathetically took more time to tie his shoelaces just so Lisa could notice him. It wasn't supposed to be like that, he was supposed to just stand far away and watch her like always.

But these days, it was like something switched. His longing became more unbearable. He started pitying himself. He started questioning why he can't be with her in the first place. He can protect her too, he's stronger now. Why can't he stop this misery he's bringing upon himself? After years and years of finding her, now that he already had, why can't he just grab her and never let go?