Good Old Times

Everybody's ears rang from the vibrating explosion

Everybody's ears rang from the vibrating explosion. Groaning, Hope gets on her knees and clutches her abdomen from pain. Scanning the situation as she grunts more often every time she moves.

Suddenly she sees Thor stumbling through the damaged compound yelling something but Hope's ears weren't able yet to hear through the ringing. "Loki! Loki where are you?"

"I got you, Hope, come on let's go.", Peter says lifting her up as she struggles with her broken body. Probably captured some broken ribs. Her eyes get heavy and her breathing flattens but she still tries to fight and stay awake. "Come on Hope. I know you got this. Just hold on for a few minutes. I can't lose someone again. Not under my shift."

Spider-Man brings Captain's daughter somewhere safe, he walks towards the Benatar where the Guardians of the Galaxy are waiting. On his way, Steve Rogers joins his path and takes his daughter in his arms. "Come on Hope. You're my daughter. The fighter is in our blood."

As they entered the spaceship, he lays her on the floor and notices that she stopped breathing. Bruce sees how Captain America stays frozen in place and does the CPR on her until her eyes shoot wide open, coughs out some blood and gasps for air. "Welcome back.", Bruce Banner says.

But Hope doesn't even mind that she was brought back from the dead severe seconds ago. No, she tries to push her up but groans after she notices that she has some broken ribs due to the explosion. She falls back to her last position and shuts her eyes in pain. "Mom.", she breathes out.

"Hey, Hope. Take a breath. You're alive. We're here with you.", Peter takes off his mask and crouches down. All he could think of was how he lost aunt May in a similar way and he doesn't want to go through this again.

"No, I know I'm alive and so is my mother.", Hope explains as her father helps her to sit up. "They made her a Winter Soldier too." Again, she tries to stand on her own feet but collapses back on her knees with a loud groan as she clutches her ribs.

"Hope, I think you need to rest. We'll make sure you're safe. First, we have to get to another location and assemble some more people.", Fia assures her as everybody else agrees.

"She's stronger than we thought.", Hope sighs. "And Loki's with her."

Thor enters now the spaceship as he disagrees. "He's not with her. She took him so we would think he's on her side."

"Well, yeah. She's the daughter of the God of Mischief after all. That makes sense.", Peter Quill comments but the argument wasn't enough for Steve.

"I do know because of this.", Thor shows a green amulet. "My brother would never leave this behind. It's the last thing he owns from Sylvie."

Even though Steve wasn't quite fond of Thor's argument, Hope held his hand to tell him she believes him and to assure him that it's okay. "Alright. We need a new plan. Cap, it's on you know. I'm put out of action for a while."

Like the good old times, Captain America gives the orders and does some calls. He instructs the Guardians of the Galaxy to take the Hulks with them so Bruce could have an eye on Hope while she's healing and have her best friend by her side. After all, having a company speeds up the healing process. Morgan Stark has the task to track down the mischiefs and the Winter Soldier. She and Sam stay in the compound and whatever happens to rescue the people until they get new tasks.

"Queens, you're coming with me.", Cap adds and Peter Parker has a huge smile plastered on his face because Hope's father still remembers him.

-----------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hello again.

Because of the lack of updates I gave you guys the past few weeks... Here you get another short chapter for this week.

Hope y'all enjoyed Christmas and stay safe from CoVid!

Please don't forget to vote and comment