The Falcon

Sam Wilson was on his schedule for training, on the way on it he got a surprise as the elevator door opened. Two brunettes, young women were standing there. One of them was fully excited as for the other, she was sad for something.

"How the hell did you get inside?", the Falcon asked them as he looked behind them to give the guards a stern glare.

"Mr Wilson.", Hope breathed out. "We apologize for interrupting. But we are he-"

Sam Wilson knew exactly who the two of them were, after all the installed A.I. in this building has sent the information already to his earpiece. He just wasn't aware that the time would come any time soon. And the time must be now.

"Yeah, you're not interrupting my schedule. I know who you two are, let's go to my office.", Mr Wilson said sternly as he gestured the two girls to get inside the elevator. He then pressed the button and the elevator sunk.

"How do you know who we are?", Fia gasped, her mouth hanging open. She was very surprised, she knew the Falcon was the successor of Captain America. But her father has never really worked together with him yet. For a split second, she wondered if Sam Wilson could be Hope's father but her friend was pale so that wouldn't make any sense.

"Close your mouth, Banner. You're catching flies.", Hope whispered as she closed Fia's mouth. She looked over to Sam, he was in his thoughts thinking about how to tell her the story. Hope was quite impressed with him since the world wasn't ready for a new Captain America, and for sure not a black Captain. But he did it and somehow he successfully brought faith to humanity. He was for sure a legend, being a whole new Hero, even if he shares one of his Superheroes' names.

All three were quiet, the silence made Hope more nervous than she already is. Thinking about if she would even like to hear the truth, after all, the two girls had fun with making up theories their entire lives.

Sam Wilson shifted on his feet as the elevator arrived at its destined level. He let out the young women first and catching up he then finally asks to break the silence. "Why are you here?"

"My father said you would know the answer.", Fia responded but Sam looked confused.

"Your father said that?", Sam repeated the question, not understanding why her mother didn't tell her where to find the answers. Then he seated at the desk as the two brunettes sat across the Falcon. "Why would he do that?"

Hope and Fia looked at each other, now all three of them were rather confused. Sam knew that he could only tell Hope who's her real father if her mother sends her to the new Captain America but Dr Banner instead, had the task to give her the hint if something happened to her mother.

"Lucy Rogers, she's my mother.", Hope blinked away to look at Sam Wilson who was listening closely. "She died yesterday.", her voice cracked and Sam now closed his eyes and inhaled deeply.

"I'm sorry for your loss.", he said and looked up. He understood now, why she looked sadder than Fia, she had all the grief burdened in her chest. She was now all by herself. Even Sam started to mourn, he knew Steve Rogers would have wanted her to live a longer and better life. Remembering when his old friend introduced his secret wife before he had been gone. Also, Lucy meant a lot to him, they were such good friends.

"But that's not it, Sam.", Hope continued, staying strong. "As I started to try reanimating her, I decided to go to the hospital. But I forgot the keys and I went back. After I returned...", Hope paused as a sad chuckle escaped her lips, knowing that this sounds insane if he wouldn't believe her. "She was gone."

Sam was trying to understand but somehow he couldn't put the pieces together. Fia then added: "Maybe she forgot to tell you, that she clicked a button that made her heart stop beating. And that her phone died even though she had power on it."

Sam's expression got more worried. He thought about some possibilities, after all, heroes they fall to. Or sacrifice their lives to protect the other, like Iron-Man. Looking between Hope and Fia, he was still unaware of what to tell them. The worried look of him took over to the girls too. He sighed and got up, he opened a small cabinet and took out a fully packed bag.

"We gotta go.", Sam said very seriously and the brunettes followed him. Fia had no other bigger problems than having no clothes for a trip as the Falcon did. Sam didn't even have to answer her question with words, instead, he pushed a button next to the elevator and the A.I. brought the two girls also a fully packed bag for each one.

The Falcon had a promise to keep, and ought he did to the parents of Hope. He swore, if anything will happen to her mother, he will be protecting their daughter. She is, after all, the daughter of the Super Soldier who inherits his genes. And if people, most likely the villains, knew about her, they would want to reproduce the super serum with the help of her body. That was one thing Baron Zemo has warned him about. And Sam Wilson will not break the promise to his old friend.

They walked at a fast pace to the hangar and hopped into a plane. Sam took the pilot seat, turning on all the devices and activating the engines of this ship. Fia and Hope sat on the back seat, facing each other as Fia asked Sam: "Where are we going anyway?"

Sam shut his mouth, starting the flight, he put in some coordinate codes as the autopilot took over thus Sam could attend the girls' chatter.

"To California."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, another chapter.

We're getting closer to know Hope's father.