Captain Hologram

Stopping in his tracks, Sam waits for Hope to notice him halting in the compound before meeting the others

Stopping in his tracks, Sam waits for Hope to notice him halting in the compound before meeting the others. She turns around to see him holding a device in his hands. Moving closer, Sam glances up to see if she's ready. "I thought you could use some motivation.", he says and wipes his fingers up.

The device activates a very realistic hologram and shows a recording of the one and only Steve Rogers, alias Captain America. "Hello, Hope."

"Dad.", Hope gasps, blinking the tears away. Sam hands her the device and left her some room and space to talk to her father's recording. Before her feelings overwhelm her once again, she squats down and sits crisscrossed on the cold floor. She raises her brow as the hologram did the same. "Are you a recording or is this live?", she questions, actually more to herself but gets surprised as her hologramic father answers that it is a little more than that.

"First of all, I am very proud of you, Hope.", her father starts and as for Hope, she tries to suppress her tears. "And I am sorry for leaving you."

The hot tears fall from her face. "Why did you?", she interviews him, breaking the eye contact.

The captain sighs and answers: "For you."

A snort escapes from the daughter's lips, as she wipes angrily the tears away. She gets up and stands right in front of her father, looking down at him. "Then why did you leave mother for another woman?"

His blue eyes filled with sadness as those words slipped out of her mouth. He knew the consequences as he used time travel to end up with Peggy and leave his two loved ones behind to protect them from more trouble. But without doubt, he loved both women equally.

"No answer is also an answer, Captain.", Hope says standing up, leaving the device on the floor and walking away until she bumps into a hard chest.

"I don't mean to interfere.", the guy speaks and it was someone she didn't expect at all to bump into his chest. "I do understand your feelings. I know you're mad at your father but also sad because of his decision. Even if I'm the god of mischief, I plead you to believe me what I say next. Go and talk to your father and forgive him. Eventually, you both will get along even he's gone.", Loki explains and sends Hope an assuring smile.

Without saying anything to Loki, which he understands, Hope walks back to her hologramic father. "Hope, I know you're mad and I unde-", Steve Rogers gets interrupted by his own daughter.

"Why did you leave us?", Hope asks sternly.

The hologram sighs and rubs his temples. "I didn't want to leave you two."

Hope loses her temper and as she yells at her father, tears stream down her face. "Then why the fuck did you?!"

"Because I saw the future!", he shouts back, his eyes tears stained and Hope steps a sudden step back. "After the Avengers defeated Thanos, I was the chosen one to bring back the infinity stones to their timeline. Once I accidentally went to the future and saw how they reproduced new super soldiers. They found out that you're my daughter and tested, tortured on you to find out how to create the serum. And since I was raised in another century I wasn't quite good with the tech stuff. Again I accidentally went back to my timeline before I crashed into ice and without any Pym particles, I couldn't go back."

"The accident played your cards right.", Hope gasps and wants to hug her dad. She steps forward, opening her arms ready to embrace him but stopped as she realized the hologram fades away. She shuts her eyes as she stands alone in the big hall but turns on her wheel as she hears the familiar voice talk to her again.

"You can hug me now.", Steve Rogers stands in his business clothes at the door frame. Even if he's real, she couldn't believe her eyes. After all this time, she doesn't know what to believe anymore. Paralyzed, she stood there and her eyes never leaving her father's blue eyes. Slowly, he walks towards her and hugs her which she then gladly took it. "Hope, I am so sorry. I hope you forgive me."

"I-I. H-how?", Hope stammers into his shoulders and buries her face deep into his chest, inhaling his cologne. After these long years without her father, she finally can smell and feel him. Both of them let go.

"Mom brought me back, somehow. Where is she by the way?"

"Wait, what?", Hope questions and raises her brows. "Mom died a few weeks ago, dad..."

"No, that's impossible.", he smiles unknowingly. "She brought me back a few hours ago as we planned. As soon as you're ready to defend yourself she can bring me back after she found out away."

"I'm sorry but that wasn't her. She killed herself in front of me. I wanted to bring her to the hospital but she was gone."

"Come on Hope, let's go meet the others. Sam has some explaining to do."

So the Rogers went outside and the chattering quiet down as all eyes landed onto Steve.

"Welcome back, Captain.", Sam nods in his way.

"I'm not the Captain anymore. But you've got some explaining to do.", Steve says to Sam and so he did all the explaining to the returned Captain America and the others.

"Alright then, Cap. What're your orders?", Sam asks referring to Hope but she's taken aback by his comment. First, she denies but after Sam and her father insisted on it, she gave in.

"First, I need my phone.", Hope announces and Sam hands her it. "I need some music to think."

"Daddy, she's just like you!", Peter Quill's daughter squeals and that makes Hope smile.

She goes over to Star-Princess and kneels down. "Go ahead, which one do we want to listen to?", Hope asks her and shows her the display of her phone. Sunniva scrolls down until she picks a song by its cover since she couldn't read yet. Well, she couldn't read the earth's alphabet.

The song called Machine by Neoni is being played. "Alright, everybody. Thor and Loki, prepare yourself for the encounter with Vali. Loki needs to know that her father is still alive. Tell her the truth. Thor, you too. Help out your brother. If that doesn't work then the rest of us will come to help out."

The Asgardians left them alone as Hope continued to give orders. "Guardians, I want you to stay on the ship and do whatever you were doing. You're our backup but I don't want Sunniva to be in danger. So, you better get somewhere up in space and track us down if you are needed here."

So did Peter Quill, his daughter, Rocket, Groot, Drax and Mantis go into Benatar and start their spaceship for another mission. Meanwhile, Rocket and his engineering skills activated the tracker so whenever Hope needs their help the Guardians of the Galaxy will get notified.

"Father, are you in form?" Steve replies that he thinks so. "Fia, I sense you're not liking to turn into something else. So I need you, your father, Morgan, Peter, dad and Sam to go do some training. With weapons and combat."

"And what do we do until then?", Bruce asks.

Hope smirks as the lyrics of the song plays 'I can't wait to break the machine' which Hope mouthes the text and then adds: "We'll wait. She'll find us."

Author's note:

Hi there, I know I finally updated again.

Let's just say that I'm quite a busy woman right now.

Tell me what you think of the story until now.