28: To get to you.

In your eyes, there's a heavy blue
One to love, and one to lose
Sweet divide, a heavy truth
Water or wine, don't make me choose.
----

Justin.

A baby girl.

My head was spinning. I always pictured a boy, who'd love racing-cars and mud. Not a little princess, who will love tiaras and princess gowns. I suppose that would be very stereotypical, my little girl can certainly enjoy racing cars and mud and I can't wait to join in with her.

Selena smiled up at me, her head resting on my shoulder as we sat in the back of the car on the way back to her home. The thoughts of the dream home in Texas I'd just brought for the three of us, brought a tear to my eye. I couldn't wait to be there, with her. The fact she had no idea, made it even more exciting. I wasn't sure whether she would cry, or hit me, or both. Either way, we would be the family I had always wanted us to be. And I, would finally be the man she deserves.

She hadn't brought it up again, where I had been disappearing off too. I think she is just enjoying the time we have together, before I disappear again. Which, I am not planning on, ever again. She gave me her ultimatum, I just had to prove to her that I am worthy. With one arm wrapped around her, pulling her into my chest, I danced my fingertips across her ever expanding bump. I heard a content sigh escape Selena's lips, and a smile crept onto my lips. It felt good to finally be writing the many wrongs, I'd made throughout the years.

"We should probably ring our parents, huh?" Selena said softly. I pressed my lips gently to her forehead.
"Yes baby, we should." I replied. Selena looked up at my sadly.
"I just ... kind of want to this to just be our little secret."
"Baby, they have the right to know."
"I know." Her sigh this time was frustration. "It just feels nice to have you here, with me. I just want us to be in our own little bubble of happiness... just for a little while." I looked down at her, the sadness on her face was enough to break my heart in two.
"We don't have to tell them just yet, if you don't want too." I said gently.
"Thank you." She squeaked.

We arrived back at her house. Our silence was driving the media crazy. Headlines questioned whether we were together? Where Selena was? Why she hadn't be spotted recently. It was becoming increasingly harder for her to hide her bump. As much as she doesn't want to media and attention, as she wants a stress free pregnancy. I'm concerned the solitude and loneliness is just as damaging. Our earlier conversation was on replay in my head. It broke my heart to know that our happiest news, she wanted only to keep between us. The Selena I know, would want to shout it from the rooftops. My trips to Texas, were more damaging than I thought. I mentally scolded myself, for leaving her. It had finally clicked that the only reason she wanted the sex of our baby to stay between us, was that it was the only way she could cling onto me.

I wasn't ever leaving again.

Selena lay in sweats and one of my baggy t-shirts on the sofa, she looked happy and content as she scrolled through the tv channels. I smiled as I hovered over her, before leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss to her lips. Selena hummed in response to the kiss. It was delicate, like her.
"I need to make a phone call." I said, as I brushed my finger tips across her cheek. She nodded, and didn't say a word. I know she suspects me cheating again, and I should just come out with the truth, but I wanted her to have that moment. The moment where she looks at the house and then at me, and realise it was all for her.

I jogged upstairs, to find a private space where I could made my phone call. The phone rang for a mere few seconds before Mandy answered. She was on high alert, with Selena being pregnant. She never rejected any of my calls.
"Justin, is everything okay?" Mandy's concerned voice filled the line.
"Yeah, Selena is okay." I replied. "I just..."
"What is it, Justin?" She sensed something was wrong.
"I just can't leave her again." I said. "She suspects I'm fooling around. It breaks her heart every time I leave. I can't put her through it again." I huffed, before continuing. "But I haven't even finished the house and-" Mandy cut me off before I could even finish.
"You need to be there with her, she needs you and so does my grand baby." I could hear a smile in her voice.
"You know Justin, you are turning into a remarkable young man." She said, which made my heart speed up. Mandy has never believed I was worthy enough for her daughter. Maybe my recent actions won't only win over her daughter, but her mother too.

"Look." Mandy began. "I've got things covered here. You've picked out all the carpet and wall samples, as long as you send me over plans. I can direct the builders and the decorators. You don't need to come here, until the time is right."
My breath got stuck. The generosity from Mandy was overwhelming. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh. I knew one thing for sure is that Selena was just like her mother. Kind and selfless.
"Mandy, I can't thank you enough..." I began, but she soon shut me up.
"Go and look after my daughter." She said, I could hear the happiness in her voice.
"Thank you again."
"I'll see you soon, Justin." And with that she hung up on me.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, as I stride down the stairs to see Selena. Her attention immediately snapped from the tv, to me.
"Hey there, Mr Happy." She laughed.
"Hello, Miss beautiful." I hummed, as I sat down on the sofa next to her, and pulled her into my arms.
"Who was on the phone?" I asked.
"Just the label, no one important." I shrugged.
"Well, something's got you super happy." She pointed out.
"I've cleared my schedule, so I get to spend all my time with you, Miss Gomez."
Her face lit up and she was beaming, full teeth on show.
"Really?" She asked, in disbelief.
"Yes, and I want to start by running us a bath. How sound that sound?"
"Heavenly." She moaned. "I've been getting terrible back ache." She complained.
"I'll be back in a tick." I kissed her lips, before disappearing up the stairs to run my lady a bath.

Lavender, I could tell my mother had been staying here. It was her remedy for most things, especially pregnancy related aches and pains. She never shut up about how much of a pain I was in the womb, and that I only ever stopped causing her trouble when she was in a lavender scented bath. Maybe my daughter was already more like me than I thought. I couldn't stop picturing this perfect mixture of me and Selena. The excitement was too much, and we still had time to wait. I'd already got the whole nursery planned out, from the paint colour to the furniture, which reminded me that I needed to send plans to Mandy.

Selena appeared in the doorway, she scrunched up her nose.
"Lavender." She commented. "Pattie's remedy for pregnancy."
I chuckled.
"She says it worked a charm with me." I said, with a smile.
"Your daughter is more like you than I care to admit." She said, and I laughed.
"She'll be more like you if I had my way." I said.
"Me too." She laughed, but I could tell she was lying. Her left eye always squints slightly when she fibs. I stride over to her, taking her into my arms and tickling her.
"Admit you're lying." I tease. I make sure I am gentle when tickling her, I don't want to hurt her. Selena is soon out of breath, more so than when I used to do this before. Pregnancy was taking it's toll on her. I stop tickling her and study her face for a moment, brushing my finger tips along as I go. Her face is paler than before, her eyes are more sunken in. The bags under her eyes are unruly, yet she is still the most beautiful woman in the world.

Slowly, I pull my shirt over her head to expose her bare breasts. Bra's were too painful for her at the moment, so she tends to avoid wearing them where possible. My fingers brush across her swollen nipples, and move down to the waistband of the sweats she is wearing. I pull them down with one swift movement, along with her panties. There she stands in front of me, naked. I think she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Her bump is on full show, which makes me beam with happiness, that it is my child she is carrying. My eyes trace every lump and bump, in awe of her changing body. She is magnificent in every single way. I pulled her close to me, and into a breathtaking kiss. I want her to feel loved.

"You are beautiful Selena Marie Gomez." I breath as I look down at her naked body in my arms. She is the sexiest pregnant lady I have ever seen. She looked up at me, lust clear in her brown doe eyes. I picked her up with ease, as her heat presses against my erection. I groan with pleasure. The desire to be in her is all too much. I want her to squirm under me, and I want to see her come over and over again. Our plans of a nice relaxing bath would just have to wait until I was done ravishing her.