Chapter 4

The foggy day clouds the earth like the things inside my head, covering up all the answers I seek in desperation.

It was an unusual day today, and I couldn't help but wonder if it would change.

I was home alone watching tv, laid back on our extremely comfortable sofa as I ate a big bag of barbecue chips. Trying to distract me.

I had no plans for the weekend, and it wasn't like I had many friends that wanted to hang out anyways. So I stayed home while my parents were away on a trip for the weekend.

I never minded staying home alone. It was something I had looked forward to since I was younger in the hopes my parents will trust me enough to stay home. I remember begging them repeatedly when I was younger, and when they finally did, I felt as if I could conquer the world.

Since I am an only child, my parents have always been so protective.

And now, staying home alone in the quiet depths of my own home and not being able to hear anything but the sounds of my cries as I hoped he would come back to me was the only thing I used to be able to do.

But I had found ways to control and forget, and watching tv and eating was the only way I was able to distract myself. It took me months to get over it, and sometimes my mother had to stay with me cancelling her important meeting for work.

When I was finally able to control it, I once again began enjoying it. But I would be lying if I said I didn't think about him for a split second and the memory of how miserable I felt came rushing back and how I missed him all over again.

Forgetting him was something I will never be able to do, and letting him go was beyond impossible because I believed that Noah Park was the love of my life, my soulmate even, and I couldn't love anyone else much as I did him. He wasn't perfect in any way, and he had flaws that I myself wished he changed, but that's all the more reason he was perfect.

He was perfect for me.

I knew we were way too young to be in love, but I know what I felt and what I still feel.

I avoided thinking about him, but it's the little things that can trigger a memory. And I was back to feeling like crap and missing him all over again.

My mom told me to go on dates with other boys to try to meet new people. But how could I when I felt like I was betraying him? I also couldn't bear the thought of being without someone else either than Noah.

Knock knock...

A sudden knock at my door made me get back to reality. I wondered who it would be at the door since I wasn't expecting anyone and my parents weren't coming back for another two days.

I walked over to the door opening it slowly.

I was surprised to see Tyler standing in front step with flowers in his hand and a huge smile. I immediately threw my hands around him, hugging him tightly.

"I see you missed me," he said, chuckling as he hugged me back.

Tyler. Tyler Stone. Liam's older brother and my best friend.

Tyler moved away last year for college and came to visit as often as possible. I had missed him so much. In many ways, Tyler was also my older brother. He protected me from all the bullies back in elementary and even in high school.

Tyler was a tall and well-built man. He had light blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He was also a very good boxer. It was what he is good at. For as long as I knew him, he would always ring practicing for his big matches. I even got to see him a couple of times, and I feared for his life most times, but I wasn't surprised when he bet all his components.