Chapter 2

The school library was unusually empty today. Most days, it is filled with students trying to get some peace and quiet, but today it was only two other people. One boy with round glasses is reading a novel by Jane Austen. Another girl on the computer probably finishing a last-minute assignment.

I escaped the horrible scene at lunch and found myself in the library. Coming here brought me a sense of comfort no other place did in this school.

The library was the only place Liam and his followers never followed.

Sitting down, I took out my writing notebook and flipped through for an empty page. I quickly plugged earphones into my phone, sticking them in my ear, and listened to La vie en rose in the piano version.

-
Time has passed by, and before I knew it, my free period was over, and it was time to head back home. I quickly grabbed everything inside my school bag and made my way outside the library.

I walked down the crowded halls with my head hung low as I tried to ignore everybody's presence, but it wasn't like they were staring at me anyways.

I made it to my locker in less than 3 seconds, grabbing all my things, and basically ran out of the school and into my car.

I arrived home in a matter of 10 minutes. I parked my car in the driveway and made my way inside.

I greeted my parents as I walked into the living room as they watched the TV news. I silently sat on the single couch beside them. I took my phone out and immediately noticed the numerous texts I received from people I didn't even realize I knew.

The horrible things they were saying made my stomach turn.

You're ugly

Fat

Nobody loves you

Kill yourself

"What's the wrong, Storm?" My mom asked me, her eyes full of concern. As if it was mother instinct, she knew.
"Nothing, I am just a little tired. I am going to go to my room," I lied, getting up, not waiting for a response and ran to my room.

Throwing my phone on the floor and fell on my bed, and began crying. It was almost as if it was a routine to keep doing the same thing every day. In those moments, I missed Noah more than ever. He was the only person who was has been kind and made me forget all my problems.

I got up from my bed, went to the dresser in front of my window, picked up the framed photograph from this morning, and held it tight. I shed a few more tears when I looked out the window and saw Liam looking back at me. His face was expressionless like it always was.

We stared at each other for a good 2 minutes before I went closer and closed the blinds of my room. I couldn't bear to look at him when he was the cause of most of the suffering.

I hated blaming him, and he, too, lost his best friend. They were closer than ever, and I couldn't imagine the pain he was going through. But what choice did I have? I was vulnerable and broken. He was the only person I could blame when he made me feel horrible about myself all along. I so badly wanted not to because part of me wanted to believe that he is hurt. Yet it was impossible the tears that I shed every day were because of him.

One more year. That's all I needed to survive.

-
The next day at school was pretty much the same as the first, but it was quiet since the football teams, aka Liam's group, were gone for Kingston's big match. So I was left alone for that day by everyone since most of his followers just tagged along to the game.

I remembered the days when I was together with Noah. I used to go to his every match. He was amazing, and by the end of the game, I would lose my voice chanting for him. I was very proud of him for it, and he was an amazing player.