Prologue

"No, Storm, be careful," my mom yells at me as I try to bring the box filled with my books into our new home.

We just moved into this small town called Norcllawn. It was peaceful and quiet, and I fell in love with that. My parents felt the same as well. Today was our first day moving into our house. The house itself was gorgeous. It had this beautiful vintage feel to it, with a nice backyard. Everyone loved it.

"Don't worry, mom, I'll be fine," I tell her. My mother was my best friend. She supported me throughout everything. She was the most amazing mom I could ever ask, but she always worries about me and treats me like a child.

She nods her head and makes her way inside. I slowly try carrying a huge box filled with books. Different types of books.

I was a complete bookworm. I read every day. You won't ever see me without a book in my hands. I was obsessed and in love with books. Reading was the only place I felt at peace. Where I truly lose myself in amazement. It was beyond incredible The stories I have read. The way everything was correctly described. I loved it all.

Me trying to walk with this box was close to impossible. It was unbelievably massive, and I wasn't strong enough to carry it. But I didn't ask for help.

I crossed to get inside my driveway from the massive moving truck, and suddenly everything went flying. My precious books scattered the floor as I fell, scraping my knees. I screeched out of pain. My knees were bleeding, and I was ashamed of the fact I could barely do anything, let alone carry a box.

"Stupid four eyes, can't you see where you're going?" I hear someone yell. What the heck! I turn my head impossibly fast that I was sure I pulled a muscle in my neck. My cheeks were hot of embarrassment as I try getting up from the ground.

"I am sorry," I say as I dust off all of the rock stuck to me and meet his eyes.

He was tall with dark hair and the same colour eyes. He looked my age. He didn't look bad for his age, but I can tell by his sharp face that all the girls our age were fighting for him.

"Next time, get out of my way," he says.

"You bumped into me," I say, anger boiling out of me. How can he be so rude? He is the one who carelessly bumped into me, causing me to drop everything.

"You have four big fat eyes for a reason couldn't you see me coming fatty," he said. Causing me extremely self-cautious. My cheeks turn fire red. And tears spill out of my eyes.

"Stupid girl." He said once more, walking away. I ran into my house, going straight to the bathroom, crying. I was ashamed and disgusting.

I couldn't stop the tears falling on my cheeks. I never felt so vulnerable and stupid.

I couldn't look at myself—my ugly self. Always crying and always so weak.

***
Five years after moving to Norcllawn...

Noah and I were driving down the lake silently as he held my hand in his squeezing it every once in a while. I smiled at him, leaning my head more into his direction.

"Are you okay?" he asked with genuine worries in his voice. I nodded my head.

After a good 10 minutes, we came to a stop at Liam's cabin. I could already see the crowd of people who were already there. I looked over at Noah, who gave me one last smile before he grabbed my hand and decided to walk towards where the party was held.

Issac and Liam were already walking toward us.

"There you are, buddy," Isaac said as he put an arm around Noah, almost for support from all the drinks he had. He was falling. Noah put a hand on his chest to steady him. "How much did you drink?" he asked. "Just 2! I promise," Issac said as he held a hand up.

Noah rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Should we even let him drink?" he asked Liam, who was now standing in front of us.

Liam and Issac were Noah's best friends since pre k. They learned how to talk together. They were practically like brothers. Always had each other back and forever together.

I met them when I first moved here five years ago. They instantly hated me from the first day. Walking right beside Liam's home caused more problems than I like to admit.

Liam made me cry the first day I came to this town, calling ugly names and making me feel absolutely horrible about myself.

He always hated me, glaring at me each time I entered a room and still insulting me any chance he got. He always had this hatred towards me that never seems to go away. But after I started dating Noah, he never said anything to me. But he was mostly just ignoring my presence most times.

"He never fucking listens," Liam said as he slapped Issac in the back of his head, making him whine like a baby and stick the middle finger at him.

They all laughed.

Noah looked over at me as if he had forgotten I was standing there the whole time and gave me a warm smile making my heart melt.
"Do you want anything to drink?" He asked me, and I took a glance at Liam, who was turned the other way as he grabbed a cigarette from his pocket, lighting it up. I nodded my head at him as we began walking. I felt that my phone was no longer in the back pocket of my jeans and panicked.

"I can't find my phone," I said out loud, not really at anyone as I was too busy feeling each place where I could have put my phone.

Noah and Liam both stopped walking and turned to look at me.

"It probably fell in the car," Noah said. "Come, we'll go look for it," I nodded my head and turned in the direction where we first came from; both Noah and Liam followed behind me.

Making my way in front of Noah's car, I looked at both sides of the road before turning my head and telling the guys to wait for me there and crossed the street.

I made my way to the car opening the door to the passenger side to find my phone sitting on top of the seat. I sighed in relief to find my phone. I grabbed it, waving it to the guys who were watching me while talking about something. I closed the door of the car and started walking across the street to meet with them. I had almost made it to the other side before the loud cry of Liam yelling my name was all I heard, and then I was pushed to the other side falling, losing my balance and hitting my head on what I assumed was a rock.

I wondered what had happened and turned to see in the direction of where Noah and Liam were standing, but they weren't there. I scanned my eyes, looking for them, finally spotting them in the middle of the street.

I got up, limping on my right foot as I walked to get to them. As I slowly made my way, I noticed that someone was lying on the ground, not moving. I felt my heart sink, and suddenly it felt like I was walking on air.

It can't be...

My mind kept repeating, and when I made my way to them, I fell to the ground, barely able to move as I watched the lifeless body of Noah lying on the ground.

Liam, who was holding his tears streaming down his face, turned to look at me. Suddenly his face turned from sorrow and pain to hate. Absolute hate.

"You killed him," he said

****

Hello everyone! Welcome back or welcome to the new and improved Outcast!

How is everyone doing?

I hope you guys enjoyed the prologue, and I'll see you guys in the first chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love,

Just Another Girl