Chapter 25

"Oh my gosh," Sarah exclaimed, her face turned red in disbelief.

I told her about all the incidents that had recently occurred. Just like me, she was in utter confusion and shock.

It had been three days since Liam and I kissed. Three days since he sang to me and three days since I last saw him.

Talking with Sarah helped clear my mind. Even if I continue to be distracted as ever, it helped.

"What are you gonna do now?" She asked

"I don't know. I just don't get what changed his mind. I mean, only days before he was insulting me," I squeezed my eyes shut, covering my face in the palms of my hands.

Sarah touched my shoulder, comforting me.

"It's okay, Storm. Think about it this way when you liked him a long time ago, you were able to look past his cruel ways. So there must be a part of you that wants to forget," she said. I lifted my head with a crooked head.

I know what she meant. That day that part of me wanted to emerge and let her forgive him.

But I wasn't her anymore. I never will be.

"That was a long time ago, Sarah. It's just hard now," I said.

"It was maybe a long time ago, but you hadn't forgotten about that, especially when you kissed him," she raised an eyebrow.

That kiss felt like no other. Oddly kissing, Liam felt comforting yet strange at the same time.

It was all a new sense of feeling I had never felt before, and no matter how wrong it was, I liked it.

But I knew I couldn't go far with just that one kiss.

"But I can't make a decision based on a kiss," I said, knowing all too well that I was right because it was true I couldn't make all decisions by one kiss.

"That's true. I mean, don't get me wrong, Liam is a jerk, but the way you described that kiss, it felt I don't know this might be cheesy but magic, "

-
I arrived home late this afternoon. After the conversation with Sarah, I was more troubled than ever.

I wasn't even sure what the decision I was making, but it all felt suffocating.

I walked into my house, not expecting to find someone at home, but surprisingly my mom was home.

"Hey, mom," I said with a smile.

"Hey, Stormy. How are you?" She asked. I sighed, taking a seat next to her on the couch.

"I've been better," I said.

I love my mom. She was my best friend. But we hardly ever get time to spend with each other. Since she is busy at work, and I had school.

"How come, sweety?" She asked, patting my head.

I looked at her without being able to say anything and began crying.

"Aww, come here?" She took me in her arm as I cried on her shoulder.

I had never wanted to burden my mom with my issues, either. I couldn't do that to her when I knew she was already stressed.

But at this moment, right now, as I was wrapped in her arms, I knew I just needed my mom.

"Mom, I don't know what to do?" I sobbed. She held me tighter.

"Shhh honey," She released me from her hold, staring into my ocean blue eyes, wiping away the tears. "What's wrong?" She asked.

And so I told her everything. I told her about Liam. I told her about the constant bullying and confession.