The ultrasound (Emma)

"Hey baby I'm so sorry to call so late" Justin sighed through the other side of the phone.
"No it's ok" I yawned checking the time. 3:37 in the morning. Ever since Justin went on tour late night phone calls were all I ever got from him. " What's up babe?" I asked turning over in my bed and feeling my stomach. 2 months ago just after Justin left for tour I found out I was pregnant, and I had my first ultrasound tomorrow afternoon and Justin promised he'd be home to see it. "Justin, are you still there?" I asked not hearing an answer to my previous question. I heard Justin let out a sob and continue to cry. "Babe, Whats wrong? Did you get on your flight?"
"I'm so so sorry baby" Justin cried.
"For what?" I asked getting worried.
"They scheduled me for another show tomorrow and I can't get a flight out..I can't see our baby tomorrow" Justin said his voice shaking. I stayed silent, sadness and anger filling my body.
"It's ok Justin, I will go alone" I said my voice cold.
"Emma, I am so sorry. I tried to argue and come home but they wouldn't let me."
"I know Justin. I'll send you a picture or something. Look its late I'm going to go back to sleep. Goodnight" I said hanging up not even waiting for his response.  The next morning I called my mom and told her what happened. She said she felt bad and that she would come with me to keep me company. That afternoon my mom picked me up and we headed to the doctors. When we got there we signed in and waited for my name to be called.
"Emma" I heard the nurse say. I got up and walked into the exam room. 10 minutes later the doctor arrived.
"Hi I'm Dr. Scott, and i will be taken care of you today. Is the dad here with us today?" She asked smiling at my mom and I.
"Oh no, he couldn't be here." I said avoiding eye contact with her.
" I'm here" Justin yelled bursting through the door. "Sorry I'm late my flight landed about an hour ago I speed here as fast as I can"
"JUSTIN" I yelled getting off the the exam table and running into his arms. "I thought they wouldn't let you leave" I smiled hugging him again.
" I had scooter convince them. There was no way I was missing our baby's first ultrasound"