Chapter twenty eight

Start from the beginning

"I know you are in love, but please dear come with us. Jim will definitely show up and after threatening his girlfriend for the third time plus setting civilians in danger, he won't give you any more chances. I know Jim Elena, you will get hurt, and I don't want that." 

He leaned away and stared her in the eyes and understood she was confused and didn't know what to do. And Oswald knew Elena well enough to know she was devoted to Jerome no matter what. He was her savior and lover, she would not turn her back on him. Oswald let out a sigh before he gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked out of the bus and Edward silently followed behind him. Barbara rolled her eyes and shook her head as they leaved.

"Cowards." she mumbled to herself and crossed her arms. Jerome stood there with his hands on his back and smiled at her comment before he turned his attention over to Elena with a more serious expression on his face. Elena looked up from the floor and into his eyes.

"What about you, Elena? Are you in or are you out?" he asked almost like he wanted to test her loyalty. Her mind and heart were having a battle between leaving with the others to be safe, or stay here with Jerome and play it dangerous. But because of Jerome she had fallen to much in love with danger to be able to walk away from it anymore. She stood up and walked over to him so she was just inches away from his face. His eyes followed her to get her every move. She gently took her hands on his cheeks and kissed him hard before pulling away with a smile.

"I'll always be by your side, partners in crime remember?"

He he got a wide smile on his lips and he looked excited.

"So let's get on with it then, we have an audience waiting after all!" he said and started to drive away.

Elena got surprised when they arrived at the circus of all places. There were many people there, just like Jerome wanted. His fans had already arrived and they were terrorizing everything they came across. People had panicked and some escaped, but those who didn't manage to run were kept in captivity inside the circus. 

Barbara pulled off the bag that was over Theo's head and he squinted as the bright light from all the carousels hit his eyes. He looked confused and afraid while he looked around at all the people being pushed around by Jerome's fans. But then he tried to hide it as soon as he saw Jerome leaning on the fence with a smile on his face. Elena stood beside him with her hands crossed and with a smirk on her face. Theo swallowed a lump in his throat as Jerome slowly walked up to him with his hands on his back.

"Well we're off to a good start. Wanna have some fun before the main event?" he asked and you could tell Theo was getting super nervous, and with good reasons.

"Please..Let me go, Jerome, I...I beg you." Theo said with a hoarse voice, almost as if he had been crying under the bag, but Jerome just ignored him. He started to walk and Barbara gave Theo a push in the back so he would follow him. Elena just walked behind them while looking around at Jerome's fans messing with everyone. People were used as props in all the games they had in the booths. One woman stood with a balloon in her mouth crying as a guy tried to throw a dart at her to pop it. She screamed as they got stuck in her skin. Jerome grabbed Theo and threw him down in the makeup chair that was actually for children to get their faces painted. The makeup artist was shaking in fear as Jerome approached her

"Make him a clown." he demanded and she painted his face white and his eyebrows high and long before taking a step back and looking at Jerome for approval. Jerome leaned down to study Theo's face.

"I gotta be honest Theo, you don't make the funniest clown." he said disappointed, but then a smile came on his face.

"But, we can fix that." he said then pulled out his knife and placed it at Theo's throat. You could see him panic, but then surprisingly Jerome took the knife away and stabbed the makeup artist right in stomach so she screamed in pain. Elena just shook her head with a smile. He was having so much fun doing this, just building up Theo's fear and confusion before killing him. Jerome took his finger and stuck it in the woman's wound which made her scream again.