Chapter twenty two

Elena and Dwight were driving and she had a thousand questions running through her head that she wanted to ask him. Because, well, this wasn't exactly normal, but what really was in her life anymore? But anyways, Dwight had just shown up out of nowhere and claimed he was bringing Jerome back, so he could just be crazy?

She stared at him for a long while, to long for comfort to say the least. Of course he noticed, but he was to scared to say something. So he just kept smiling as he drove.

"He inspired so many, Jerome. It's no words to describe the amazing work he did and how..." Dwight started, but Elena interrupted, "How have you not been caught with your experiments?" she asked, or demanded really judging by the tone in her voice. He laughed nervously and looked at her.

"Well I've been careful. But, however, one of the people I brought back walked right out of the morgue then died, again. Two police officers came to see me, Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock. But I lied and told then I knew nothing, luckily they believed me." he explained and looked back at the road. Elena let out a small laugh and shook her head at the thought of the man who ruined her life.

"Jim Gordon always shows up where he isn't wanted." she said angry.

"Hahaha I know! Just like when you and Jerome set fire to that buss full of cheerleader and he threw you..." Dwight laughed, but he quickly shut up as Elena looked at him viciously. He cleared his throat nervously as he realized he had pissed her off.

"Ahem..oh, here we are!" he said trying to get away from the awkward situation as they pulled up in front of an abandoned cinema and Elena raised an eyebrow confused. 

"You're not exactly convincing me this isn't a trap. Remember, I'll kill you in a heartbeat." she reminded him as the glared at him.

"If I got a dollar for every time my life has been threatened today." he joked and chuckled, but he wasn't impressing Elena who just looked at him seriously, not even smiling. He swallowed a clump in hit throat looking even more nervous than before.

"Sorry..I joke when I get nervous. This is only a hide out. I think you'll like it." he assured her. Of course she didn't believe him, but she had her butcher knife hidden in her jacket and knew she could end his life when ever she felt threatened.

They entered through a hidden entrance and Dwight guided Elena across the building. As they got closer to the cinema she heard a distant murmur which made her alarmed. She sharpened her ears and quickly realized she heard a crowd of people, a big crowd. While gritting her teeth in anger she grabbed Dwight and slammed him against the wall with her knife against his throat.

"This is a trap!" she screamed at him. His sobs of panic made his throat push even harder on the blade and he gasped threw his gritted teeth.

"It's..not.." he started, but Elena shot her head to the side and noticed a tall figure disappear into the entrance where the distant murmur came from. She only got to lay her eyes on him for a brief second, but that bright red hair was impossible to miss. Her knife was pulled away from Dwight, leaving a small mark on his skin as she rushed over to the entrance.

"Jerome.." she said under her breath. She hurried over and through the door he had just entered. She stopped in her tracks and saw him disappear into a small hallway. Her feet was already running as she followed him. The hallway went in a zigzag motion and as she rounded she corner she grabbed his shoulder while turning him around.

"Je.." she started, but quickly stopped when she realized it wasn't him. It was a tall guy with red hair and strange clothes, but it wasn't Jerome, only a guy who could easily go as a look alike. She turned her head from side to side and frowned in confusion when the saw dozen of people that was dressed exactly like Jerome. Dwight appeared by her side and she turned to him in confusion.