the after effect part 2 (revised)

Adeelah p.o.v

I was sitting in my room staring at the ceiling trying to concentrate on nothing but I couldn't. The last few hours have been a huge emotional rollercoaster for someone like me to handle. I haven't eaten nor have I even moved in forever. Time moved slowly and it felt tiring to even breathe. No one could enter my room as I had changed the locks

"Adeelah let us inside the room."
I didn't respond. I was too weak and tired to respond.

"Adeelah why won't you let us in."
"Kill."
It was the only thing I could muster. I don't know who was it meant for. Me to my mother or my mother to Gil.

"Sweetie come on out."

"Gil."

"He and his father are the worst."
"Go die."
"Adeelah."
I did a little more on the inside hearing ben's voice.

"Yes."
"Come out."
"I almost died."
I heard footsteps and after they were silenced the door opened and in came ben. I didn't feel like questioning him cause, to be honest, I wanted him to hug me right now.

"How are you feeling."
I turned my head and saw messy ben. His hair was a mess and his suit wasn't buttoned correctly

"Save him."
"I need to save my baby sister first."
He laid down next to me on the bed and looked at the ceiling.

"I can save him but I first need to save you. Try to become your old self again."

"If I do will I be selfish?"
"No. I think it's what you need."
"How will people react. Everyone has been spreading rumors."
"They won't. I got your back."
"And what about mom."
"You do what you need to do and I will always support you."
He held my hand and I could feel the tear sliding down my cheek.

"Ben. thanks so much."
"You're so welcome but I wasn't the only one who was worried. Some girls are gonna give you a full makeover and the boys are gonna set up something special for everyone close to you."

"What?"
Everyone burst through the door and before I knew it I ran across the hall and was stood on top of a pedestal.

"Okay so I'm on the new dress, dizzy is on nails while mal is on shoes. Alright, break."

Eve took to getting my size and making a dress for me. Dizzy painted my nails autumn colors with a splash of blue while males made me try on a million different kinds of shoes. After days and shoes were kicked. Dizzy and mal made me sit on a chair and they started washing my hair then they bleached and colored a wood color.

"I think this is a good time to ask what's happening."

They didn't answer me as they were too busy finalizing my makeover. When everything was finished I was pulled towards the dining hall. What I saw was surprising to me. The girls were somehow already changed and the boys were in suits. The dining hall had lots of lights and the table has more food than all of us could eat.

"Come join us."
I sat down in the middle and it was amazing to see how everyone worked together just for me.

"Thank you."
Everyone raised their drinks to me. For once in a long time, I remember what it's like to be my own person. What life was before Gil and even though I missed him and wanted him here beside me I understood what it was like to be apart from him. I raised my glass slightly.

"To you Gil. To ben and my friends."
We laughed and talked but when it got dark everyone decided it was best if they headed back to the dorms. Everyone made sure to hug me before leaving. I was about to reach my dorm but then a hand over my shoulder. I turned around thinking it was ben or a friend of mines but instead I saw my mother.

"Adeelah we need to talk."
I slapped her hand off my shoulder.

"No we don't and before you ask no I'm not overreacting or being a rebellious teenager, yes I am being reasonable and thinking my head. I'm not a child and as soon as I turn 18 I want to leave your sorry excuse for a mother and human. Gil's father has done nothing wrong while you had to lash out for no reason."
"Addelah you don't understand."
"No mother I understand perfectly."
I walked into my dorm and made sure to lock the door. I sat down near the window and hugged a bear I was given by Gil. It had a faint smell of him and it was a teddy bear of a zombie bear. I hugged it close and let out a shaky breath.

"I hope you're doing better than me."
I look up at the moon.

"At least we have the same night sky."