[19] - Chapter Nineteen

Start from the beginning

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As soon as I walked to my locker, I already saw my boyfriend there leaning against the other lockers smiling. I giggled at this and as soon as I opened my locker, I turned to him, “What are you so happy about?”

“The neon dance tonight,” Kale beamed as he tossed his brown hair. “It’s going to be sweet and I get to go with the prettiest girl in the world.” Kale took my hand and I blushed as I noticed how well our palms fit against each other as if it was my own.

“Aw, thank Kale. I’m excited about it too because I get to go with the most handsome boy in the world!” I replied with a giggle and then Kale kissed me. I closed my eyes and kissed him back briefly before turning back to my locker.

I gently take my hand away from Kale’s to take out my Chemistry material. Once I was finished and I locked my locker shut, the bell rung. As it did, Kale grabbed my free hand which was my right and told me that he’d walk me to class. I blushed at this and quickly nodded.

It made me pumped up for the dance; hopefully it’ll be a night to remember! Once we finally approached the classroom door, Kale released my hand to open the door for me and I walked in murmuring a quiet thank you to him. Once we were inside, I walked right to my seat and Kale leaned over my desk kissing my cheek.  “I’ll see you later, okay babe?” Kale asked me to confirm as he flashed me his cute blue eyes.

“Okay,” I replied back to him with a smile and then he turned away from me. At first, I thought he was going to depart, but instead he walked up to Mrs. Rial and started talking to her. Sighing, I turned around to see if Dean was here yet and he wasn’t.

Just when I’m deciding if I should text him, Dean arrived in a second later just when Kale finished talking to the teacher and left. When they passed each other, they pretended as if each other didn’t exist.

I wondered what happened to them, but right now I was going to get an answer. As soon as Dean slipped in his seat, the bell jingled and I realized Kale was probably going to be late to class. I felt kind of bad, but it was sweet of him to walk me to class.

“Okay class, the periodic table of elements project is due the following Monday after the dance,” Mrs. Rial announced as the entire class groaned which surprisingly shocked her. “What? None of you did it? It’s been a few weeks!” I noticed that Mrs. Rial looked gorgeous today; she was wearing a solid white top with a sea green colored maxi skirt. She also topped it off with a jean jacket.

She doesn’t look that old either probably in her early or mid twenties at the most. “I was um sick the whole time,” One boy lied to her as he leaned against the wall and made a beat against the desk with his pencil. “So, I should be excused.”

Some people laughed and I just rolled my eyes. While the chemistry teacher was talking to him, I swirled around to face Dean whose light brown hair looked a bit messy but it was somehow cute on him. “Hey Dean,” I greeted him. “Why were you so late?”

“I wasn’t late, I came right when the bell rung,” Dean retorted as he rolled his green eyes.

“But you’re usually—

“McKenzie, you worry too much,” Dean sighed as he rolled his eyes at me. “Honestly, I’m fine. I just overslept.”

I sighed, I had every right too but I didn’t say that. Instead, I nodded. “Okay, I believe you. So are you pumped about the dance?”

“Yes, indeed,” Dean beamed as he tossed me a grin. “I’m going to be a DJ there, Mrs. Rial and the principal allowed it. It’s going to be sick, I’m going to play some Skrillex, Ellie Goulding, and you know the usual 2014 hits.”