Alaina raised her hand, about to smack Liz. "You will never say that again, Elizabeth! Do you hear me?!"

Liz laughed. "When is my birthday?"

Alaina lowered her hand in confusion. "What?"

"I said when is my birthday?" She looked around, stuttering random words. "Exactly. You don't know. A mother knows those types of things. You're not my mother and you never will be."

Her head lowered a bit. Without warning, Liz turned to Derek, giving the signal. He pulled a sword from behind his back, quickly handing it to Liz. Without hesitation, she turned, sending it straight through her mothers abdomen. Her eyes lit up and her mouth went straight open. A single tear formed in Alaina's eye.

"Elizabeth, don't do this," she whispered faintly.

"Alaina, on the honor of my father, I send you and everyone who cares for you to hell." Liz pulled out the sword. It dripped with blood on every side. Alaina's body fell limp to the ground, Alistair stopped and looked at Liz.

"Thank you," he said.

"What do you mean? Shouldn't you be dying and going to hell with her?" Derek finally spoke.

"No. Why would I? I am so grateful she is gone. I never cared for her. Thank you, Elizabeth."

Without another word, he walked away from the both of them, rendering them speechless. Derek looked at Liz. Liz looked at Derek. Derek looked at Liz. Liz looked at Derek. It was over. She reached down for his hand, smiling. He accepted and intertwined their fingers.

As they began walking out, a noise came from behind them. They turned, seeing a shimmer floating in the air. It got brighter and brighter until they both had to finally look away. A beam of light sent the pair falling to the ground, clashing against the cold ground. The light finally dispersed and as Liz looked up a figure was standing before them.

Her eyes squinted to focus then opened wide. "Dad!" she screamed, running towards him and leaping into his arms. "Please tell me I am not dead!"

"No, my sweet. When you told your mother that it was on my honor that you were killing her, the willpower within you was strong enough to kill her and to bring me back. Fate doesn't know who a person wants. It could be random. But since you said your father, it chose. You brought me back, Lizzie."

She smiled, hugging him, pulling him close. As they hugged, Liz heard a clear of a throat behind us. She laughed, running over to Derek.

"Dad, this is Derek Hale."

"I know, I've been watching over you. I know all about Mr. Hale here," he looked at Derek like an overprotective father.

"It's nice to finally meet you, sir," Derek said, reaching out his hand to meet her fathers. "Mind if I say something to you?"

"Go for it, kid."

"You have an incredible daughter. She is everything I could want in my life. Thank you for blessing me with such a gift. And if it is okay with you, I would like to know if I could have the extreme honor of being with her forever."

"You plan on getting married to her, Hale?"

"One day," he smiled. "Hopefully, she won't find anyone better."

"I won't," Liz butted in, smiling up at Derek.

"I've been watching everything you've put her through, Derek. But if there was one thing I ever learned in my life, it's that love isn't perfect. And if I have learned anything by watching you both, I can really tell that you love my daughter."

"I do. I love Lizzie," he turned to her. "I love you."

Liz wrapped her arms around his torso, smiling big. "I don't think you should be together though!" her dad shouted.

"But dad!!!!!!!" Daier smirked, holding in a laugh. "I hate you!"

"You love me, kiddo," he said, messing up her hair like a father would.

"Whatever helps you get through the day."

She intertwined her fingers with Derek's as the three began walking back home. To Liz, this was home, wherever these guys were, that was home. The only thing she needed was her mom, but she knew she was watching over her and would be for the rest of her life.

-------------------------

A/N: no it isn't over. there will be 35 chapters so stay tuned for what will happen next. it gets a little crazy >:) and thank you all for being so patient. I was really busy and I had a lot of writers block and this chapter was rewritten about 4 times so again thanks for being patient. and thank you for almost 17k reads :)))) if this gets 10 votes, ill post the next chapter :))))) love you guys!