Chapter 10: Fears

Liz found her way home. To say her parents were worried about where she was, was an understatement. To be fair, though, she understood why they were upset. It was nearing night time and she hadn't really talked to them all day. It took a while but she finally calmed them down. She walked upstairs to her room to find Derek sitting on the bed.

"Derek, not now," she said standing in the doorway. "I can't talk right now." She clenched her side where Aiden had taken a bite. It burned but she could feel it becoming less and less of a cut. It was as if it was healing itself.

"Why?" Derek stood as she closed the door, heading to her dresser.

"It's complicated. You wouldn't understand," Liz said.

Derek stepped in front of her, getting between her and the dresser. "How cute."

She stepped away. "Derek, seriously. This is something I don't even know how to handle yet."

"Let me help you then."

"I want to do this on my own. I don't need help."

"Of course you don't, but it wouldn't hurt."

As the words escaped his mouth, Liz's entire body went numb. Her body was on total shutdown mode. She fell to the ground, clenching her side. It was déjà vu. She was reliving her experience before Aiden bit her. She looked at her wrist, only to see the burn mark was still there. She closed her eyes, trying to avoid any tears from falling.

Liz opened her eyes and it was a total darkness. She scanned the area. It was unfamiliar. She was surrounded by trees and many sounds. She could now move her body, but she still felt very weak. She stood, still scanning her surroundings. She looked to her side for the bite mark, but it was gone. She looked down at her wrist for the burn mark and it was still there. She saw a bright light at one side of the dense forest and ran towards it. Liz ran faster than she ever did before. She reached the bright lights, only to find out that they were car lights - a Jeep. They belonged to Stiles. She came up to the car window and tapped the glass. Stiles jumped back in fear. Liz noticed Scott was also with him. Stiles rolled the window down.

"Liz, what uh, what are you doing here? And why are you wearing basically no clothes?"

"I don't know. I was in my house then next thing I knew I was here."

Scott stared her down before pulling Stiles towards him, whispering in his ear. Stiles turned back to me. "Hey, why don't you get in? We can take you back home."

"No, no. I don't want to go home," she stuttered.

"Where do you wanna go then?" Stiles asked.

"If I give you an address can you take me there?"

"I, uh, I guess."

------

"Liz, are you sure?" Scott asked as she stepped out of the car.

Liz nodded her head. She walked towards the big building noticing the big sign. Beacon Hills Insane Asylum. Of course, since it was so old, a few letters were missing. It actually read, Bea n H ll In a e Asy u. She figured it out eventually. Liz heard Stiles Jeep speeding out of the parking lot but didn't look back. She walked through the big doors, as her mind knew where it was going before her feet did. She ran down the hallways, coming to a room with Kali and Deucalion, with the twins standing behind them. Kali approached Liz before swinging. She blocked immediately but the attack continued. Quickly, but not without fight, Liz threw Kali to the ground, declaring my victory. Deucalion stood impressed before exiting the room with Ethan at his side, leaving her with Aiden.

"Well done," Aiden said stepping towards her.

"Thanks." Aiden motioned Liz to follow him as he walked out of the room, going the opposite direction that Deucalion and Ethan had gone. They began walking down endless hallways, not really for any other reason other than to talk.

"That was incredible back there, Liz."

"Thanks," she said.

"I'm sorry for what happened," Aiden sincerely said.

She stopped him. "Aiden, I would've died if it wasn't for what you did. Sure, it has it's benefits and it's downsides, but don't ever think you did something bad. You saved my life, Aiden."

Liz slid her arms around his neck to give him a hug. He wrapped his arms around her waist hugging her back, then lifting her up for a short second, making Liz laugh. Their eyes met and her entire stomach turned to knots. She broke the silence. "You're such a dork," she said, playfully hitting his arm then continuing to walk in the huge, dark building.

"So tell me about yourself!" Aiden shouted, keeping his hands in his pants pockets as they walked.

"Well, what do you wanna know?"

"Tell about your fears, your likes, your dislikes."

"Fears? Sleep."

"Why?"

"When I sleep, I dream. When I dream, lately, I've almost been killed." She lifted her wrist to show the burn ligature. "It's a constant reminder."

"It hasn't healed?"

"No. I'm not sure if I want it to. It reminds me that I survived," she said.

"Well, if it counts for anything, I'm glad you did."

Liz smiled to herself as they continued walking. After about 10 minutes, she turned to him. "Aiden?"

"Yeah?"

"What am I gonna do?"

"What do you mean?"

"I barely know how to manage being a teenager. How do I handle being a Visionary and a Werewolf?"

"It's funny, actually."

"What's funny?" Liz asked.

"The way to handle it."

"How?"

"Remember what Ethan and I told you? It's a forbidden thing. You wanna be with Derek and Derek wants to be with you. But an Alpha Werewolf can't be with a Visionary. It's the law I was talking about."

"But, what about you?" she stopped walking and looked at him in the eyes.

"What about me?"

"You want to be with me," she said slowly.

"Liz, even if that were true, I'm still technically an alpha."

Liz laughed. "Aiden, relax." She stepped closer to him, standing on her tip toes. "I'm not a full visionary anymore." She looked into his eyes before matching up her lips to his.

"What was that for?" Aiden smiled.

"You've been patient."

"I'll take it," he smiled, leaning in for another kiss.

Their lips met and she opened her eyes. Derek?' she thought. Liz pulled away. "What just happened?"

"I don't know. You sat up and were mumbling a bunch of gibberish then you kissed me then you mumbled a lot again then we just kissed again."

"Could you hear what I said?"

"No, it was complete gibberish. I don't even think it was human," he laughed.

"Oh god." She looked down at her side where the bite once was. 'Maybe I should tell him. Or maybe not. Or maybe I should,' her brain thought.

"Everything okay?" Derek asked, helping her up.

"Everything's perfect."