Chapter 4: Prize

The next day was strange. Everyone was different. Stiles was sluggish and tired. Isaac was angry and mad. Allison and Lydia wouldn't talk to anyone except each other. Scott, well, Scott wasn't there. Liz hadn't seen him since last night at Lydia's. Liz left during lunch, obviously lying to parents and saying she felt sick. She went home and crawled into bed. She did feel sick, but not actually sick. She felt a weak, withering away sickness. It was like a black hole was emanating from within her. She stood from her bed and walked over to the window, overlooking the forest. She knew what she had to do.

---

"Derek! Derek, I know you're in here!" she screamed throughout the home.

Just as she thought. He emerged at the top of the stairs, shirtless. "What is it?"

"Derek, I. What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" he asked, descending the stairs.

"I mean with you! With Scott! With Isaac! With everyone! Where is Scott at? Who's Deucalion? What's a Visionary?"

"Visionary?" The very word caught him off guard, it seemed.

"Yeah, these guys, twins, were talking about how some girl was a Visionary and your name was in the same sentence. So, what is it?"

"A Visionary," he descended the last few steps, "is someone who can see what is yet to come through their dreams. Whatever they dream at night will come true, wether it's good or bad. And it cannot be avoided, just put off. Or they might see little things in the day. They'll take a second look and it'll be gone."

"So like a psychic?"

"Sort of. A Psychic just predicts the future, a Visionary knows what is coming. With a Psychic, the person can avoid a certain situation, with a Visionary, there is no chance of ever stopping what is seen or dreamt. And they are powerful. Powerful beyond all measure."

"Oh," she said, letting her mind wander. "Well, then onto the next two questions. Where's Scott and who is Deucalion?"

"Scott is fine. That's all you need to know."

"Okay, well who's Deucalion then?"

"Will you just believe me that if it's something you need to know, I'll tell you?" he looked straight into her eyes.

"And I don't need to know this?"

"No," he whispered, placing another kiss on her cheek. "Get home, Lizzie. Get some rest."

"On one condition," She said as he stepped back.

"Sure."

"You'll come over later. I have a few more questions,"  she asked innocently.

"Fine. Now, go home," he smiled.

"Okay, okay. I'll see ya later, Derek."

"Goodbye, Lizzie."

-------

She was downtown, unsure of where she was going. It's like her feet were set on a GPS and they knew exactly where to go. She ended up at what looked to be an apartment home, but it had a powerful look to it. She slid open a door and her mind went blank.

"Derek? What's going on?"

"Lizzie, you need to get out of here. It isn't safe." His voice was musky and heavy and it seemed to echo on.

"Derek, what about you? I'm not gonna leave you!"

"I'll be fine! I promise!"

Before her eyes, multiple people began surrounding Derek. Scott, Isaac, and another girl, who assumedly was his sister. They went back to back, forming a circle to protect themselves at all angles. Liz ran back, hiding behind a giant tree as the group descended on the pack of 4. Scott, Isaac, and the girl began attacking them, one by one they dropped to the ground. Derek began growing long claws from his fingertips, his eyes glowed a bright blue, and canine teeth drew from his mouth.