24.

Meera I want you back in my life, so marry me, the words Vikranth said were constantly echoing Meera's ears and she sighed out of frustration. Yesterday's events made everything difficult for her. She doesn't know why these things were happening in her life when she least expected.

What am I going to do?

Why he wants from me?

Why he's doing this to me?

She kept thinking about these questions holding her coffee mug and looking blankly at the window.

I am really becoming insane because of you, Vikranth. Marrying you? How casually he's asking and how can I marry him after all this happened? I can't even dream about marrying Vikranth or anyone else, she thought because she's afraid and guilty to do that.

What happens when he came to know that I killed his child? I don't know whether he even cares for me but maybe he cares about his child, then he will question me for doing that.

What I will say? What I can say?
There's nothing to prove that I am innocent. Because I even know that I did a mistake. I am a sinner, a killer who killed my own child. If he questions me then what I will do? What I am going to do for my deeds? She got confused thinking about so many things. Meera wasn't like this before, but after that incident, she's mentally disturbed and kept reminding those things which are pushing her into this great depression.

She knows the value of life and thinking that she has killed an innocent human made her hate herself. She can't stop this feeling of loss. When badly she was finding a way to get out this past again Vikranth came in her life and yet again started everything from the start.

Meera heaves a sigh for being in this situation and got up to get ready for her part-time job. She was in an oscillation whether to go or not but she decided to go as it will clear her chaotic mind.

Locking the door tightly, she came out and walked to the shop. Shanthi and Renu went to their relative house in Madurai, they won't be here for five days and she is feeling so bored from yesterday.

After reaching the shop she met the supervisor and informed that she had a fever yesterday and that's why she has taken leave, he accepted it and asked her to work in the bill counter.
Meera blankly worked without having a realization about her surroundings. The time and the people moved so fast but she felt so numb and apathetic in her life.

She doesn't have anyone to hear her inner anguish and no one is there to hold her and say that I am there for you. There's no one to at least smile at.

These things make her think like she's getting her punishment for whatever the mistakes she has committed in the past. Though her tears touched her eyelids she continued her worked controlling it.

After billing fifty-plus products, Meera got her next customer who gave her a pack milk chocolate for billing. She didn't look who it is and billed.

"Its 120 rupees," she said in a low voice.

The person gave his card. She swiped and asked him to enter his pin number. He pressed and she saw only his hand strangely she found a familiarity. She doesn't want to face anyone so she didn't look at him. She handed the chocolate but that person didn't take that from her hands. Finally, she lifted her head up and looked at his face.

"That's for you," Vikranth said.

Her heart started to pound. Why he's here at this time? She looked around to know whether anyone is seeing them. But thankfully there's no one and also there's not much crowd and her duty time is going to end.

She again looked at his face hardly. "I don't want anything please leave,"

"I don't need it either," he told and went out without arguing much.