The Call

"Yes, father?" Weiss asked into the phone.

"Weiss Schnee, your father has come to a decision about your marriage." This voice was one Weiss knew well.

"Winter? What are you doing calling me?"

"Father is at work, unable to call you, so I did it for him."

"Anyway Winter, what is it you want?"

"Father has decided to hold a tournament for your hand. He will call all eligible hunters and huntresses and have them fight. It will be structured as the vytal festival tournament was, and the reward is your hand in marriage."

Weiss was stunned, and very angry with her father. How dare he plan this competition without telling her!

"Is that all?" Weiss asked Winter frostily. "Or do you have more sick news that is undesirable too hear and just plan wrong?"

"No, sister. Just this." Then Winter abruptly hung up on Weiss.

Weiss sat down carefully down on her bunk bed. She smoothed her features and looked at her friends and teammates, although her eyes were a bit puffy and red from crying. Just then there was a knock at the door. Weiss went to open it and saw team JNR standing there.

"Oh, you're here. I have bad news..."
Team JNR followed Weiss inside.

"What's wrong, Weiss?" Jaune asked kindly, touching the Ice Queen's shoulder.

"Yeah, Weiss. You haven't even told us yet!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Well," Weiss started, "since you're all here, I'll tell you now."

So Weiss told them about Winter's scroll call and her father's plan to hold a competition for her hand.

"Oh, Weiss. I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't really know what to say, though," Jaune said, putting his hand on Weiss' shoulder.

The rest of the group had similar forms of comforting Weiss, except Blake, who didn't try to offer any words but simply sat closer to Weiss, letting the Ice Queen just enjoy the faunus' close proximity.

"Wait, does this mean we can enter?" Ruby asked.

"Technically, yes," Weiss said, "but I don't think you should."

Blake looked at Weiss, and had a thought.

"Weiss, if we were there, if not to fight but to provide moral support, would that help?"

Weiss looked thoughtful. "I think that it might, but it's during term time. I doubt you could get away with being away for the length of the competition..."

"We can talk to Professor Ozpin about it," Blake said firmly, determination in her amber eyes. "And if we can, who would go with me?" she asked the group.

Everyone raised their hands and made some form of verbal confirmation.

"So it's settled. We'll all go see Professor Ozpin tomorrow and talk about this tournament. Maybe we could even get him to do something about this stupid tournament and stop it all together."

Everyone nodded, except Weiss, who was just looking incredibly thankful that she had such good friends.

"I'm glad we've got this sorted, guys, but this Ice Queen just needs her sleep right now, and I'm sure you all do as well," Weiss said.

Nora looked deeply offended at this, but just as she was going to start bouncing off the walls, Ren grabbed her.

"Calm down, Nora!" he whispered in her ear. "Even you need your sleep."

Nora moaned in disappointment but nodded her head.

With that everyone said their goodnights and Team JNR left the room to go back to their dorm.

When they left, Ruby and Yang gathered around Blake and Weiss and they all just sat in silence, until Yang broke the silence.

"We have a big day tomorrow, guys. We should all get a good night's rest."

With that, everyone got up and went to their beds. But when Blake got up to go to hers, Weiss held her back.

"Will you stay her tonight, Blake?"

Blake simply nodded and slipped under the covers with Weiss, and soon both were asleep.

+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=

Well, that was chapter 2. I hope you enjoyed it.

Please give feedback (if you want)