The first meeting

Part One-The First Meeting

Avni sat on the coach and sighed with relief. Dayavanti Mehta hated her foster mother Neela Verma. She had taken her hatred to another level tried to block her exit from the country. So she changed her name to Aanya Verma for the purpose of this trip. She needed to get away and she also wanted to find her brother. She could not go to him directly. This is why she had hopped on this coach in Barcelona. She had gotten lost several times but somehow made it here in time.The other travelers gradually filled in around her. She had no idea how her life was about to change in a moment.

A young man who appeared Desi introduced himself as Neil Desouza, their tour guide. Avni looked at him quzzically.Something was off. This Neil Desouza did not seem like the typical tour guide. Had her grandmother or Neela Ma contracted him to follow her? She was just trying to get some freedom after all the stress of dealing with the older guardians in her life. Neela wanted her to live her life fully and Dayavanti wanted her to marry into a rich business family to grow her riches. Her cousin Riya was studying in London and be approached for this goal after Avni would be wed.She felt his gaze on her when he came around to count the number of people on the couch, He flashed her a slight smile. She tried to remain firm and disinterested. However something about him made her want to give up the facade and engage him in a conversation. She turned away her gaze as he walked back up to the front of the coach. She heard whisperings of the other girls exclaiming how hot he was. She rolled her eyes as she peered out the window.It was a cool morning and it would continue to cool throughout the day. They stopped in a small town in France. Neil told them to meet him back in the square once they had lunch and explored. Avni chuckled when he said he wanted them back five minutes before 2pm.She joined two other girls and they went for lunch. They were greeted by a sweet Italian man who had lived in France several years now. He gave them the specials and they agreed to spilt a bottle of wine.Avni got seperated from the girls for a few minutes as the line for the washroom was longer than she expected.She nearly stumbled forward when strong arms caught her.She looked up into warm chocolate orbs. His fingers caressed her exposed skin under her top.She stepped away and mumbled a thanks."Why don't you walk with me Miss Aanya?," he whispered.She merely nodded.Neil talked causally being from South Mumbai originally but he had gotten an offer through a travel agency to be a trip manager. She sensed there was way more to his story but she listened and smiled slightly as they reached the town square.She didn't know it then but a new angle was being introduced into her life. An angle she thought would never come about.