I'm His Maid, He's My Valentine 11

Recap…

I had no idea what was happening to me, but my heart was pounding achingly in my chest. I really had gone crazy. Why was I making such a big deal out of him ruffling my hair?

Closing the door to Master Josh’s bedroom, I leaned my back against it. What exactly was happening? Why did it feel like I was another step closer to being in his arms?

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

CHAPTER 11

“I love it how they just decide to have a random party every now and then,” Jess commented casually from her side of our shared bedroom. I think she was referring to Master Josh and Master Alex.

There was probably a party today because Master Tony and Maria were on vacation again. “Jess, what are you going to wear?” I asked her, unable to decide what to wear myself. The great thing about these parties was that we didn’t need to dress in our maid outfits; we could just wear whatever we wanted and enjoy the night like the rest of them.

It was a Friday evening and the sky was getting darker every minute. People were scheduled to come at around seven, so that meant we only had about forty minutes to get ready.

“I don’t know,” Jess responded, staring at her opened closet. “Would it be too cold to wear this?” She held out a white strapless dress with a silver ribbon around the waist. It was plain but cute nonetheless. “Yeah, it’ll be freezing,” she said, answering her own question.

I smiled. “You can wear something around it,” I suggested, my hand still on the door of my closet.

Jess shrugged. “I could.” She paused before saying in realisation, “God, we’re almost out of time! Let’s dress quickly.” She clutched the dress and closed the door to her closet, making a loud banging sound. “Why don’t you wear that orange pinkie dress? The one you were wearing for Master Josh’s party last year, remember?”

I pursed my lips. Maybe I should, that dress was really gorgeous. It was really expensive too. Walking over to the second door of my closet, I rummaged gently through the dresses until I found the one Jess was referring to. Removing it from the clothe hanger, I gave the dress a brief inspect.

There were two long straps hanging in the front, designed to be tied around the neck. Underneath the thin rosy layer of the dress was another thick layer of creamy white silk. The colour was beautiful and so was the design. Without a second thought, I decided to wear it for tonight’s party.

“I’m gonna kick your ass in pool today,” a playful voice spoke from downstairs. “You still have the pool tables in that same room, right?”

Voices became louder as Jess and I reached the bottom of the stairs. The two front doors were fully opened, welcoming the cool evening breeze. My hair, which Jess eagerly volunteered to straighten, swept softly against my cheek when the two of us passed the front entrance of the hallway, heading towards the back of the house.

Outside, music burst lively from the speakers as people sat down at the tables, waiting until the food was ready. I followed after Jess, taking a seat at a table where some of our friends were already seated.

“You guys look stunning,” Emilie commented in admire, placing her purse onto the table while checking out our dresses. “Love your hair, Avery.”

I lifted the sides of my lips into a small smile, resting my hands on my lap. “Thanks. I love your dresses too,” I said in return, meaning my words to all of the seven girls.

“Oh look, Daniel’s looking good tonight,” Mellie pointed out, adjusting all of our attention to the boy behind me.

“Hey,” he greeted, standing casually with an arm against the back of my chair. “You girls look good,” he commented with a thoughtful nod.