I'm His Maid, He's My Valentine 08

Recap…

“I’m so happy for you!” Jess squealed. I was almost certain she was grinning widely, even without looking at her. “See? I told you it didn’t matter! And it feels so good to be honest, huh?”

I nodded in agreement, feeling so happy I thought I could cry. From now on, I could just talk to Master Josh as though we were friends; I didn’t need to worry about him avoiding me because I was a maid anymore.

Ever since I had this crush on Master Josh, my biggest dream was to be with him one day. After today, I’m thrilled to say that I was a step closer to my dream. 

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

CHAPTER 08

I placed the mopping stick in the bucket, stepping onto the pedal several times until the mop was damp. The blue rubber gloves I was wearing were starting to make my hands a little sweaty. I pulled it up a little higher up my arms.

“Is it just me or is it freezing today?” Lissa spoke while cleaning the tiles on the wall using a cloth.

Paige turned around. “I think you’re sick. It’s been pretty warm this week.”

Lissa shuddered. “I’ve got grocery shopping to do next. Can I swap timetables with one of you guys? I think it’s better for me to stay home,” she said considerably, touching her hand against her forehead.

Jess smiled, nudging me on the arm. “Avery and I can do the groceries then. You and Paige can do the dusting in the hallway, if that’s okay?”

Paige shrugged. “I don’t really mind.” She popped her head out, glancing out at the hallway. “It’s so quiet now that they all left, huh?” she commented, stepping back inside the laundry. “Are Master Josh and Master Alex gone as well?”

I nodded in response. “Master Tony said they had to come. I heard it was important.”

Holding the mopping stick in my hand, I exited the laundry, making my way across the hallway to Master Josh’s bedroom. I pushed the door open, walking over to the corner of the room.

While pushing the mop back and forth across the floor, my eyes skimmed across the photo frames lying on Master Josh’s study desk. There was one of him at school with his arm around two of his friends. Another photo was of him and Master Alex at the dining table with a lot of other kids, all wearing party hats.

“Are you cleaning the floor?”

Startled, I gasped, letting go of the mopping stick. “Master Josh?” I breathed out, releasing my shock. “I thought you went?”

He chuckled, stepping further into the room. “Sorry I scared you… again,” He bent down, picking up the mopping stick for me. “I can’t be bothered going. Those exhibitions they have are so bloody boring.”

Smiling in appreciation, I took the mopping stick from him. “Thank you.”

I continued cleaning the timber floor in Master Josh’s bedroom. Meanwhile, he sat down on the sofa, switching on the TV.

“Josh, do you want to go somewhere? It’s so boring at home,” I heard Master Alex whine, his voice becoming louder as he got closer to the entrance of the room.

The floor was currently very slippery and I wasn’t sure whether he was wearing socks or not. “Master Alex, be careful,” I warned. “The floor is kind of…” My voice trailed off as he slipped, falling straight onto his bottom. While skipping over to help him, I heard laughter from the hallway.

“Oh my god! You just fell on your ass!” Jess stated breathlessly in between laughs.

I made a face. “Don’t laugh at him, Jess, It’s rude,” I said in a low voice, pulling Master Alex up into a standing position.