I'm His Maid, He's My Valentine 06

Recap…

His hair covered his face as he pressed his forehead against his palm, breathing heavily. I noticed his other hand was holding his abdominal area. 

When he turned to look at me with a pained expression, I gasped. Even under the dim lighting, I was able to recognise every feature of his looks. He was definitely who I thought he was, unless my eyes were betraying me, which I highly doubted.

Taking in a deep breath, I choked, “Master Josh?”

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

CHAPTER 06

“Don’t tell my parents,” he managed to say.

I stood up quickly, desperate to find some help. Realising that nobody else was around, I groaned in frustration, crouching back down beside Master Josh. “What happened?”

He hesitated, probably from the pain. “I was-”

I cut him off. “It’s all right. Let’s get you inside the house first.” Seeing him hurt like this was almost as painful for me.

I rose, helping him up by the arm. He used that same arm to swing it around my shoulder, letting me support half of his weight. I swallowed. If it wasn’t for the current situation, I would probably be crying in ecstasy right now.

After a little over five minutes of stumbling and tripping, we eventually made it to the house. He rested against the wall while I reached for the door.

“Wait,” he whispered, gesturing for me to stop. “They’ll see me. I’ll wait at the back. Go in and open the door for me.” He was about to turn away when he stopped, adding, “Tell my parents I’m home if you get the chance.”

I nodded quickly, watching as he staggered away. Convinced that he didn’t need any help, I twisted the door handle, stepping inside the house. Coincidently, Maria came walking along the hallway, proceeding towards the guest room. “That took a while,” she commented, smiling as she noticed me. “That’s all for today. You should go upstairs and have a rest now.”

Before she could enter the room, I said in a hurry, “Master Josh has come home! Did you see him?” I knew she didn’t, of course. I was just acting upon Master’s request.

Maria seemed relieved and surprised at the same time by the news. “Oh, is he? I should go up and have a little talk with him then,” she said considerately, turning back towards the stairs.

I gasped, taking a quick step forward. “No!” The way I spoke made it appear too obvious that I was trying to stop her from going upstairs.

She paused in her steps, sending me a look of confusion.

“I meant like, he was pretty tired so I think he would’ve fallen asleep by now,” I explained, thankful that my voice didn’t sound as anxious as I felt. “Maybe you should wait until tomorrow?” I was praying for her to agree with my suggestion. Master Josh was still waiting outside in the cold. I really needed to stop wasting time and open the door for him to get in.

“All right, love.” She turned back around, walking into the guest room.

I sighed in relief, walking hurriedly to the kitchen and switching the lights on my way. When the room didn’t brighten, I figured I had missed the switch. Groaning, I skipped back to the entrance, attempting to turn the lights on a second time.

Between the dining area and the cooking area was a door which led to the backyard where a huge pool was situated. I unfastened the two locks on the door, pulling it open sideways. “I’m sorry I took so long. I just told your mother you were home,” I said, locking the door once he was inside. “How are you feeling now?”