I'm His Maid, He's My Valentine 01

CHAPTER 01

My back was aching from doing the washing last night. My arms were sore from doing my biology homework. I was totally exhausted, yet I knew exactly when to get up.

I brought a hand to my forehead, wiping away the sweat that formed from a nightmare I had last night, one that I could scarcely remember.

Doing a little stretch, I sat up and lifted myself off the bed. My feet, which were covered in socks, made contact with the cool wooden floor. After putting on my soft cuddly slippers, I took exactly fourteen steps over to the other side of the room. I bent down, shook Jess gently by the arms and waited for her to get up.

She groaned. "Avery... I was having a good dream." She sat up and yawned, stretching her arms. Her brunette curls were all over the place as she struggled to open her eyes.

I chuckled quietly, keeping my voice down. "About your crush?"

This got her to wake up. I had a sudden uneasy feeling as her eyes lit up mischievously. "What about you? Did you dream of Master Josh?"

I blushed, immediately regretting my words.

Jess must have expected that because she laughed. "Avery, you are so cute!" She twisted around, moving out of her bed.

I turned and made my way over to the bathroom next door just in case she decided to give my cheeks a squeeze.

After brushing my teeth, I returned to the bedroom I shared with Jess. Walking over to the wide closet on my side of the room, I slid the door open and grabbed a dress from the clothes hanger. Although every maid in the house wore the same outfit, I still thought it was beautiful.

The dress flowed slightly above my knees, which was perfect for my height. It was made from a soft white fabric with some black lace near the edges to complement the design. The dress was simple, but nice.

Watching myself in the mirror, I used an elastic band to fasten my brown curls to one side, letting it rest on my shoulder. Giving myself one last look, I stepped away and headed over to Jess.

"Done?" she asked, tying her own hair up into a high ponytail. 

I nodded in response, moving to stand beside her dressing table.

Within the next minute or so, we left the room together. It was still quiet in the house since it was still early and the masters haven't woken up yet. Master Tony and Maria were likely still asleep upstairs.

"Dude, get off my bed!" The sudden voice was followed by a thud like somebody bumping against the headboard.

"You know you love seeing my beautiful face first thing in the morning," a second voice stated flippantly.

"Are the masters awake?" Jess whispered from my side.

I shrugged, creasing my eyebrows in uncertainty. The two of us stepped away from our bedroom and tiptoed across the soft carpet, straight past the stairs and approached Master Josh's bedroom. If it wasn't for my white knee-high socks, my legs would've been freezing at this time of the morning.

"What the hell are you looking for?" I heard Master Josh ask, his voice clearly annoyed. I could hear another thud and a bang, but it wasn't enough for me to figure out what was happening.

Abruptly, the door swung open. The fact that Jess and I had been eavesdropping suddenly hit me. A quiet, audible gasp left my lips at the realisation.

Jess clapped her hands together. "Finally!"

I adjusted my gaze to her, confusion colouring my face. What was she doing?

"What are you guys doing?" Master Josh asked, voicing my thoughts. His hair was a mess from sleeping, but strangely enough, it didn’t make him look any less attractive.