Chapter 9

Maggies POV

Back at Kara's apartment, Kara was making some coffee while I sat on the couch, tapping my foot on the ground nervously, Kara must have noticed that I kept checking my phone every few seconds so she walked over and sat next to me.

"Checking your phone isn't going to make them find her any faster" She said as she fixed her glasses position.

"I know, but we should be out there looking for her! Not sitting here making coffee and pretending like everythings okay, because nothings okay! She could be dead for all we know" I said whilst being extremely frustrated.

"They'll find her. I promise" She gave me a hug to try and calm me down and I melted at her embrace. Trying to forget my worries.

"Can I ask you something?" she said as she looked at me, she had an unreadable expression on her face.

"What is it?" I asked as I wiped a tear off of my cheek.

"What happened?" I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean-"

"What happened that day. And don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about" she cut me off sternly.

I took a deep breath when I understood what she was asking. She was asking about THAT day. The day I left National City.

The last day that I saw Alex Danvers.

I thought back to what had happened...

*FlashBack*

"Hey Maggie" Alex said as she sat next to me.

Looking up, I smiled at her slightly "Hey Danvers" I gave her a quick hug, when she let go I could tell something was bothering her.

"So um, I've been meaning to talk to you.." She says nervously. I didn't pay much attention to what she was saying as I was still thinking about what my father had told me.

"You're not gay! We talked about this Maggie and this is why we moved out here! You promised you'd change! Im extremely disappointed in you" He yelled at me and slammed the door to my room as he left. Leaving me there crying.

"Hey? Are you okay?" Alex brought me back from ny thoughts. "Hmm? Oh yeah im fine, sorry I was just thinking about something. What is it you wanted to talk about?"

"Hey come on if something is bothering you, you know you can tell me right?"

I nodded. "Yea but im fine seriously. Now tell me what it is you wanted to talk about"

"I just have to tell you something" she said nervously.

"tell me what?" She turned to look at me, the look on her face indicated that whatever it was it was something serious, it made me a bit worried. What could possibly make Alex Danvers so nervous?

"That I um.."

"You what?" I looked at her reassuringly.

"I-"

She was about to answer when my father walked up to us, anger spread all over his expression.

Shit.

"Maggie! Come we're leaving now!" he says in a stern voice, making me jump a bit. Ive never seen him this angry before.

"Coming!" I quickly said and stood up, I looked back at Alex and gave her an apologetic look.

"Im really sorry Alex... My dad is just upset about somethings thats been going on.. We'll talk later?" she nodded and I gave her a soft smile.