Chapter 2

As the bell rang, I put my books back into my bag, grabbed it, and followed Winn out as he groaned like a whinning child.

"Why do we have to do this" he continued to complain.
Rolling my eyes, I laughed at him. "Because, Uh, I don't know? You don't want an F in science?" pushing me, we both laughed as we walked down the hall, looking up I saw a familiar face.

"Hey Alex" I stopped in my tracks as I was captivated by her beautiful dimples.
"Uh ah he- hey Maggie" damn it Alex, get it together.

Winn tried not to give anything away as Maggie looked at him.

"So, as you know im behind on Miss Grant's class, and I was wondering if you could help me out with it? If its not too much I mea-"

"Of course, when and where?" I quickly cut her off, seeming desperate.

I elbowed Winn in the ribs as he tried not to laugh.

"Okay.. My place tonight?" She says as she looks at Winn, who's now holding his stomach.

"Sounds great" I say

"Cool, see you then" She smiles at me as she walks away.

"Oh pull it together Winn, I didn't hit you that hard" I say as he groans.

"No but that was quite funny to watch, your face was soooo red though! I swear everyone in the world knows you're crushing hard on this chick"

Yes, the straight A's , Responsible, Student President has a pathetic crush. Oh boy.

**************
"Kara, hurry up. If we want to make it to lunch with Mom and Lena you're gonna have to be quicker!" I yelled at her as she ran around the house, looking for something.

"No no no, we aren't leaving untill I find it!" She panted as she stopped by the kitchen isle.
"Is it really that important right now?" I sighed.

"Yes!" she yelled going through some drawers.

"What is it you're looking for anyway?" Kara stopped and adjusted her glasses.
"Im looking for Lena and I's wedding rings! I promised Eliza I'd show them to her today, and if I don't find them im in deep trouble with Lena!" She huffs in frustration.

Remembering that I saw a small box a few days ago, I walked into Kara's room and looked through her drawers.
"Found it!" I yelled as Kara came dashing in, "oh thank God! You're a life saver Alex" she gives me a huge hug.

"Yeah yeah, now let's go we're late enough already!"

We both leave the house as I lock up, walking down towards the parking, I got into the drivers seat and started the engine, as we drove away I half focused on driving while thinking about things..

************

Knock knock.

"Hey Alex! Come in don't be shy" Maggie says while flashing me her trademark smile. Grinning back, I walk inside, taking a good look at her house since its my first time being here. Yet it feels so familiar....

"So do you want anything to drink?" she asks me as she walks towards the kitchen.

"Water would be nice" I answer as I look at a painting hung up on a wall.

"My parents aren't home right now, they went on some business dinner or something" she says as she hands me a glass of water.

Taking a sip, I point to the painting. "Did your mom paint that?" she shook her head