Chapter 8: The Investigation of Darmon

Start from the beginning

Hellboy: "While we were searching for the entity, I noticed that the guards were using sunglasses to see the entity."

Liz: "And did it work?"

Hellboy: "I guess you can say they did. Otherwise, why would they be dead?"

Liz: "Oh, I see."

Hellboy: "So, I figured that we all use them. Everyone grab one and put them on." (They all reached in Hellboy's big hand and grabbed the sunglasses to put them on.)

Abe: "Yes, this might work smoothly."

Stephanie: "I agree."

Hellboy: "Alright. Steph and Abe, you head upstairs. Liz and I will scope out the living room and kitchen. Report if you found him."

Abe: "We will."

Stephanie: "Good luck."

Liz: "You too." (They both went their separate ways and Abraham and Stephanie carefully went up the stairs.)

Abe: "Watch your step, Stephanie. I don't want you to fall. If you do, I will catch you."

Stephanie: "Wow, thanks, Abraham." (Abraham saw her gently smile at him through his glasses and he nodded.)

Abe: "Of course. Stephanie?"

Stephanie: "Yes?" (He stood in front of her as she turned around to face him.)

Abe: "There's uh, there's something that's been on my mind recently." (Stephanie's eyebrows slowly went up and Abraham was a little shy, but cleared his throat.)

Abe: "Stephanie, I..." (Suddenly, the wind started howling and Stephanie pulls out her gun and Abe does the same. Darmon's voice started to speak.)

Darmon: (Echoes) "Ah, Stephanie. I was hoping you would come up here and try to find me in the dark."

Stephanie: "Darmon?" (When he laughed, it echoed throughout upstairs. Stephanie looks at Abraham and started to whisper.)

Stephanie: (Whispers) "Let's check out the rooms. He could be anywhere."

Abe: "Okay. Be careful, Stephanie."

Stephanie: "I will. You be careful, too." (Abe went to one room and Stephanie went to the other.)

Stephanie: "Darmon, I know you're in this building. Stop being a coward."

Darmon: "Oh, but Stephanie. Don't you love the darkness? It surrounds your every move until it consumes you throughout."

Stephanie: "Why were you in my room, Darmon?"

Darmon: "I was curious about you."

Stephanie: "You know that's not the reason why you were stalking me."

Darmon: "Stalking you? No. More like watching over you."

Stephanie: "Same thing."

Darmon: "But different." (The curtains were flying like ghosts and Stephanie took a shot because she thought he moved them, but it was the wind. Darmon laughed again.)

Darmon: "You are trying so hard to be like the rest of them and why is that?"

Stephanie: "It's because they treat me with more respect. Way more than Daphne did."

Darmon: "Ah, because she saw you differently, but I know your true powers."

Stephanie: "I think you don't."

Darmon: "Really? I came into your room to see if you have a necklace around you and you did. You are a Water Nymph, Stephanie and I want to make your powers more stronger than Daphne's."